Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > General Q & A
Raw water pump impellers. Whose are they? >

Raw water pump impellers. Whose are they?

Notices

Raw water pump impellers. Whose are they?

Old 05-22-2002, 09:02 PM
DanL

Default Raw water pump impellers. Whose are they?

I have a set of prototype dual stage water pumps, early Eickert.
The impellers are Merc looking in every way, diameter, number of vanes, etc. but do not have the flat on the shaft hole inside the the impeller. Instead, the impeller has a perfectly round center hole with a key way slot that accepts an insert on the shaft. I had these on my 89 Fountain TRS but nobody can supply me an impeller, more like 4 of 'em. I did find one from Global that makes the 20 minute run-dry impeller that is blue. I have $3000 in billet pumps but can't figure it out. Crusader, maybe, OMC, ? As an aside , I've been talking to Torque , the 12 cyl guys, who used to be an Eickert partner. We may be onto a $500. dual stage water pump, especially for the stepped hull guys.

Old 05-22-2002, 10:58 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Dan
Just call Kieth, I'm sure he will be glad to help. Or you can go to the BAM site and look-up all of the Merc stuff on screen. Hell BUrman might even know himself. Good luck. I hate it when I get **** thinking it is great **** only to find out it is a real pain in the ass to service it.
Robert