Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
    Registered
    My Boats:
    2001 DONZI 38ZX

502 MAG compaired to the 454 mag

im looking at trading my boat single 454 mag (385hp) 28zx donzi in for a twin 502 mag (405hp) 33zx donzi. I know the 454 was a good motor no issues and forged. Is the 502 just like the 454? it has around 430hrs on it, and i would like to make sure the motor can be ran wide open all the time like i did with my 454. Anything with the 502 i should look out for? Thanks

Registered
    My Boats:
    1994 Baja 236 500HP
    Only difference is bigger bore. Its not just a bored out 454, the walls are bigger around.

My Boats:
    2006 30 Superboat
    The 502's, if MPIs are 415HP. Take a good look at where the riser/manifold meet. If you see rust on the outside, it's probably time for exhaust.

Lakeside Restorations.com Commercial Member LAKESIDE RESTORATIONS's Avatar
    Both known to be good boats.. Both the 454 & 502 have been around a long time & have been known to be good units. Obviously some models were more sought after than others & performed better too. But there was usually a price tag as always to get into the higher performing ones.. Jamie / Lakeside
    www.LakesideRestorations.com 570-639-2628
    We Make Fast Toys Faster, Cool Toys Cooler and Old Toys New!.. Performance, Custom & OEM Parts & much MORE![/CENTER]