scarrab HELP >

scarrab HELP

Notices

scarrab HELP

Old 03-30-2011, 11:46 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default scarrab HELP

Hi Folks, Just another newbe here...I am hoping some one out there can help me find some info on a boat that I took on as a favor to a friend...It is a 1986 Scarrab 400.. I call it a 40' mess. Don't know how many people have taken parts and pieces off this boat but it's a shame It was a beautiful boat at one time..

It has twin 454's with Merlin heads Twin Kaama Surface Drives, Basically from what I can see the boat is all there. I am in dire need of any type of electrical schematics available , also some info on where I can find replacement boots for the Surface Drives, engine hatch hinges, lifts..basically a parts list of what is supposed to be on that boat...Also while in storage someone stole one of the stainless props..Any help in locating any kind of documentation would be greatly appreciated...Thanks hope I did not go on too long
Old 03-31-2011, 07:13 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

Hey scott, you may be able to get some info at WWW.Wellcraft .Com .... scroll down to the bottom of the page ... Wellcraft used to have a wealth of info there but they took a lot off the web site a few months ago: take a look and see if your boat is listed.
Stainless hinges can be gotten at any good marine store.You are going to have to contact one of the prop companies on this site to get a replacement prop (not cheap) for your boat.
I have a lot of info on your boat so if you want you can PM me and will try to help you some more......Good luck

Jim
Old 04-02-2011, 02:12 PM
RIPSTA Racing Team
VIP Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would suggest getting a survey done or at least a mooisture test done on the hull before getting too involved in the restoration. Your looking in the right place for helpful information. OSO members have been quite helpful to me in the past. Boat wiring is pretty straight forward, especially on an older boat like that. Engine harnesses are available and might be an easier replacement rather that tracing and re-wiring a strand at a time. I thought I saw some info awhile back about boots being available for the Kaama's. Search for the threads using the search word. A nice set of 502 take outs would be a great improvement over those 330hp 454's. Welcome to OSO and keep us posted on the progress.
Old 04-02-2011, 02:13 PM
RIPSTA Racing Team
VIP Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey, where are you located by the way?
Old 04-02-2011, 02:26 PM

we wanna seeeeee!!!!!!!
Old 04-02-2011, 10:13 PM
Registered

Hey Thanks Everybody for the interest... We are located in Arizona, USA..At this time I am not quite sure what my friend wants to do with this boat ??? I personally would like to go through it and bring it back to life...I think availabilty of parts , money, and info on this boat will determine which way this project will go...We have entertained the fact of parting out the boat and starting over with some thing new. From my stand point as the guy that has inherited a boat after a whole lot of other people have worked on it...some good some not so... I would love to post some pics of this project just let me know how to...and what you folks think ??? Thanks Scotman