Engine Coupler Issue?

Notices

Engine Coupler Issue?

Old 04-04-2011, 06:13 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 344 Likes on 115 Posts

Originally Posted by blue thunder
If you are paying for this mechanic you need a new one. If its your brother in law, carryon....
LMFAO!!!!!!
Old 04-04-2011, 07:31 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by blue thunder
If you are paying for this mechanic you need a new one. If its your brother in law, carryon....
I should have been a little more descriptive. He doesn't think the engine coupling is causing the delay, just found it while investigating the delay problem. I was the one wondering if it had anything to do with the delay.

Alignment tool is difficult to get to bottom out when pushed in. Had greased the tool to see which way the engine was out. Engine is out of alignment. Direction I'm heading is 1. Replace the engine coupling. 2. Replace the shift cable. 3. Realign the engine.
Again, all upper parts appear to be in good condition upon inspection.
Old 04-04-2011, 07:52 PM
Registered

When checking alignment with the tool take a dead blow hammer and rap the tool up, down, left and right firmly. This will ensure your gimbal bearing is properly aligned. Sometimes they get moved when removing the drive. Then check the sliding in and out action of the tool. A slightly cocked bearing can give you an out of alignment false reading.

So I would do that first. If its good, attempt to look in with a flashlight through the gimbal at the splines. In they are still square on the ends your good. If the alignment was out but the splines good, commence to aligning.

For my .02 on your original prob, a turn or two in the right direction of the shift cable barrel will most likely cure the problem.
Old 04-04-2011, 08:26 PM

cone clutch is worn replaced 2 already this year and did 4 last year all had the same complaint.