Looking for Dana Headers... >

Looking for Dana Headers...

Notices

Looking for Dana Headers...

Old 04-06-2011, 09:08 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking for Dana Headers...

Looking to buy a set of Dana headers for my 496......who has best price with customer service? Directly thru Dana?

http://www.danamarineproducts.com/Pr...0-09cec5d9a34d
Old 04-06-2011, 09:35 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think Brian_41 on here is a dealer of performance parts, but I'm not sure if he markets Dana stuff. He may be able to get you a superior product for a similar price, and he's in MI, so you may be able to save some delivery fees depending on what part of MI you're from.
Old 04-06-2011, 12:20 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Fixx

Originally Posted by Baja_man
Looking to buy a set of Dana headers for my 496......who has best price with customer service? Directly thru Dana?

http://www.danamarineproducts.com/Pr...0-09cec5d9a34d
some have issues with them and sone have not..personally a friend has issues with his,they look nice but i would look into another brand like stainless marines..
Old 04-06-2011, 12:23 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by mrfixxall
some have issues with them and sone have not..personally a friend has issues with his,they look nice but i would look into another brand like stainless marines..

That's what I was tryin' to say without saying anything bad about Dana Marine. I would look at a different brand as well.
Old 04-06-2011, 01:17 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by mrfixxall
Only issue I have heard of if they are not sized for correct HP. There website has the specifics of each model. I would suspect most issues come from someone with existing headers and adds power and headers are not sized properly. I looked at Stainless Marine but they really look no better than stock.

Last edited by Baja_man; 04-06-2011 at 01:26 PM.
Old 04-06-2011, 02:27 PM
Registered

Received 44 Likes on 11 Posts

They had flow issues causing the motors to go into gaurdian mode. I heard this was with earlier design but the later designs did not have this problem. My buddy has them on his Baja H2X with the 496 and he had issues with them.
Old 04-07-2011, 11:27 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Wink Its a great product!

As with many marine aftermarket high performance systems there are sometimes issues that develop with different manufacturers products.
Most of these are usually simple issues with possible misapplication, not ordering exactly the correct part or version or even sometimes miss installation problems and issues.
I can assure Raylar has sold a large number of Dana (Flo-torque) header systems for the 496 specifically and all with good results when the correct version, parts, riser lengths and sizes were ordered and the kit was installed with the correct parts and instructions.
I can also tell you Dana Marine bends over backwards and goes to great lengths to make sure customers systems are working properly and that they have the correct parts for their particular installation and the technical support they need to help the user end up with a good exhaust header system.
If you or someone you know is having issues or problems have them contact Bob @ Dana and I am sure he will be very helpful. If someone is having a problem applying the Dana system kit to a 496, they can call me toll free and I will see if I can help with the problem and help them get a solution befitting the product.

Best Regards,
Ray @ Raylar
Old 04-07-2011, 09:56 PM
Registered

Default Hi-tek Marine exhausts

Originally Posted by wjb21ndtown
That's what I was tryin' to say without saying anything bad about Dana Marine. I would look at a different brand as well.
Has anyone had any experience with Hi-Tek Marine headers which are an Australian product?
Old 04-08-2011, 02:36 PM
Registered

In the beginning of the 496 kits there were a small amount of customers that had heat sensor issues. The flow issues that were mentioned earlier are geared towards water flow, not exhaust flow.

The problem was very segregated, like 100-2. All of our testing was conducted on brand new crate engines and we had absolutely no issues.

Unfortunately, when you have a water pump that is slightly worn you lose some water flow to the exhaust. In our case, the problem is specific to the port side. Because the water inlet location is one cylinder forward of the water sensor, the sensor would find itself in a hot pocket and would ring the buzzer in some occasions. The manifold itself doesn't overheat.

A couple of years ago, we modified our port side manifold to relocate the water inlet. With the new water inlet directly below the sensor, the hot pocket issue is 100 percent gone.

You can check out our instructions to view the manifolds and their water inlet and sensor relationship, here's a link, http://www.danamarineproducts.com/in...96_Install.pdf

As always, if anyone has any questions or concerns, we'll be happy to talk to you.

Thanks,
Bob @ DMP
951-279-5005
Old 04-08-2011, 06:23 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I just finished dynoing a Whipple Charged 555 EFI engine. It made 925 HP with 7.5 psi boost, using Dana Manifolds and some custom V5 risers. Also tested with a custom set of GGB mufflers. Reduced noise 12 db and zero power loss.

Bob Lloyd
Full Throttle Marine

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.