powerquest 380 bow lift >

powerquest 380 bow lift

Notices

powerquest 380 bow lift

Old 04-15-2011, 08:19 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default powerquest 380 bow lift

hello, I have a 2000 Powerquest 380, and I am in need of bow lift. Does anyone have the factory x dimension measurement? Or know of problems in the hull that would make the bow ride very low? I have it sitting at a fiberglass shop right now and we are searching for ideas? a little rocker maybe?
Old 04-15-2011, 08:21 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Fixx

Originally Posted by halfbuzzed
hello, I have a 2000 Powerquest 380, and I am in need of bow lift. Does anyone have the factory x dimension measurement? Or know of problems in the hull that would make the bow ride very low? I have it sitting at a fiberglass shop right now and we are searching for ideas? a little rocker maybe?
what props are you running?? that would make a big diffferance..
Old 04-15-2011, 08:29 PM
Registered

well, i have tried everything i could. 32 bravo 4 blades, 28 bravo 4 blades, 26 hydro 5 blades. None made a difference, fiberglass guy says pad is straight, no hook. so I'm a bit lost
Old 04-16-2011, 01:07 AM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,821 Likes on 907 Posts

Spin the props in for more bow lift. Stepped hull boats are designed to run pretty flat.
Old 04-16-2011, 08:56 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

you should ask the question on the PQ forum. there is a lot of knowledge from some of the owners. PQ had a problem with the strakes on the early year step hulls but not sure if that would have any affect on your concern.
Old 04-16-2011, 09:31 AM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 9 Posts

Flatter can be faster, it takes energy away from forward thrust when you lift the bow. The only advantage to bow lift is less wetted area. Take a look at some of the real fast v bottom boats they all run pretty flat. After I raised my x dim my boat runs flatter and faster. I used to think you had to raise the bow up high for speed, not true.
Old 04-16-2011, 11:48 AM
Blue Oval

Bought a 2002 380 PQ last fall, owned a 290 for 8 years before this boat. 4 blade 28 props, someone tried grinding on them for better performance. Had BBlades redo them, can't wait to get on the lake to try them out. He added some cup to them. I will let you know how that works out.
Old 04-17-2011, 12:05 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Default PQ issues

Had a friend buy same one new and had same issue. Problem is there was severe hook in the hull and also were not same on each side. He had alot of bottom work done before PQ closed.
Runs very nice now.
Something to look into.

I took the boat out myself in rough water and tried to trim it and thought a propshaft broke or something since it had NO leverage to pick the nose up.

Hope this helps
Old 04-17-2011, 10:46 PM
Registered

that is exactly what it seems like, I'm leaning towards the hook. But i will lay a straight edge on it tomorrow, thanks