warning alarm >

warning alarm

Notices

warning alarm

Old 04-29-2011, 07:14 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Default warning alarm

I have a 2000 502 mag mpi the engine warning alarm is going off the code i am getting is general warning # 2 telltale indicator can anyone tell me what this is i tryed changing the oil sending unit that works with the alarm no luck cleared code and it keeps coming back motor is not running hot has 40 psi oil pres. any help would be great thanks
Old 04-29-2011, 08:47 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

It's been awhile now, But from what I can remember either general warning #1 or 2 is tied into the stern drive oil reservoir bottle and I believe the other number is tied into the "transmission" oil level or heat on a MIE (Inboard Engine).

http://www.boatfix.com/merc/Bullet/99/99_03.pdf

Found by Dave first.
http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/g...evel-lamp.html

Good luck.

Last edited by lakematdude; 04-29-2011 at 10:38 PM. Reason: I was able to confirm my memory for you, lol.
Old 04-30-2011, 02:09 AM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,773 Likes on 876 Posts

The alarm only goes off for low oil pressure, high water temp or low drive fluid. Its either a bad sender or its in the wiring.
Old 04-30-2011, 04:55 AM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

thanks i will look farther into the wiring and senders tryed changing over drive oil senders ,water temp sender boati is running at 40 psi and 162 temp on the scanner
Old 04-30-2011, 08:34 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

All the senders complete their circuit to the alarm system by closing to ground. Remove each one individually with the engine running at temperature and alarming, see which on stops the alarm. There is an oil pressure and water temperature sender for both the alarm and the guage, be sure you are pulling the correct wire. If the guage goes to zero you have the wrong one. The drive resovoir bottle has a float in it that is common for sticking down at the bottom and alarming. Good luck