38 Fountain Port no power >

38 Fountain Port no power

Notices

38 Fountain Port no power

Old 05-01-2011, 09:18 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 38 Fountain Port no power

I have a fountain with dual batteries and dual switches labeled 1, both, 2, off, Starboard engine fires right up when SB battery is on in any position and port side key does nothing no power no bells no oil lights.

With SB battery switch turned on in any postion only have power to ignition nothing else. Is this right?

When only port battery switch is on I have power to everything lights,trim,tabs,blower but still not the iginition absolutely nothing happens when I turn the either keys. Is this correct?

Both batteries have 12volts. Could it be the 90amp fuse on the starter or is it the ignition (key switch) for the port motor? All wires are connected haven't put a meter on them yet?

Or could one of my switches be bad?

Thanks for any help.
Old 05-01-2011, 09:24 PM
Registered

Old 05-01-2011, 11:34 PM
Registered

My fountain from the factory is wired starboard (1) is dedicated cranking. Port (2) battery powers the cabin/accessories. Parenthesis indicate where I put my switches. I would test from battery cutoff to battery switch, ignition switch, etc. You check the breakers? You have a lanyard tripped?Bjust throwing out some possibilities. Hope simple
Old 05-01-2011, 11:52 PM
Crazy Energy
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Make sure your shifters are both in neutral position...That neutral safty swich is sinsitive
Old 05-02-2011, 12:16 AM
Registered

Sounds like the fuse on the starter. I had the same problem last year. I couldnt get at the starter without pulling the motor so my electrician buddy put a jumper wire from somwhere on the alternator to the main batterty terminal. My boats still running with the jumper wire on. I will change the fuse the next time i have to pull that motor.
Old 05-02-2011, 07:22 AM
Registered

Pitts thanks for the info good to know. I always ran the boat on both at all times then off when not in use.

Jason motors are staggered no problem getting to the starter. I will try this first the owners manual says not to by pass this fuse but for testing I will directly connect the 12v power wire to the starter.

Good info will report back with results.