Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > General Q & A
400' X 60 ' pole barn ?s >

400' X 60 ' pole barn ?s

Notices

400' X 60 ' pole barn ?s

Old 05-10-2011, 07:52 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 4bus
Im confused, based on your dimensions I come up with about 13,000 sq ft as well or 31.7 gallons of paint.

Are you painting the roof as well?

400x14 = 5600 sq ft x 2 = 11200
60x14 = 840 x 2 = 1680

12,880 total square ft

http://www.p1m.com/pcc.htm
yes the roof as well and seems 125 sq ft to 200 sq ft per gallon rolling it as i dont want it sprayed .thanks for your input
Old 05-10-2011, 09:06 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

A bit off the question but is this a building your buying to move to your property or one that comes with land you are buying?
Reason it might be weathered looking is taxes.
Around here many people leave shops looking ragged on outside so they dont get nailed with increased taxes.
Just something to think about..
Old 05-10-2011, 09:15 AM

Originally Posted by HTRDLNCN
A bit off the question but is this a building your buying to move to your property or one that comes with land you are buying?
Reason it might be weathered looking is taxes.
Around here many people leave shops looking ragged on outside so they dont get nailed with increased taxes.
Just something to think about..
pretty big bldg to move but comes with 33 acres so she's staying right where she's planted , hoping a fresh coat of paint and 35K for blacktop drive & parking wont raise the property tax red flag .lol
Old 05-10-2011, 10:21 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

I see. I thought you were purchasing a new one.
Old 05-10-2011, 10:36 AM

Originally Posted by Sydwayz
I see. I thought you were purchasing a new one.
Nope if we were purchasing a new one we'd just stake the 4 corners and say have at it .
Old 05-14-2011, 07:25 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Fountain4402
...So I wouldnt pay somebody 55 grand to apply 6 grand worth of paint.
My thoughts exactly. A couple years back I was shocked at what painters were quoting to paint my house. I remember as a kid painting my parents and other relatives houses - it's not a skilled job and doesn't deserve that kind of margin. Yet, these guys wanted to get paid what worked out to $50-100/hour to paint!

I recommend going old school - buy the primer/paint yourself and find some hard working neighbor kids and pay them a decent wage and let them _earn_ some decent money for some honest work. When we were teenagers my brother and my buddies would have jumped at a chance like that.

$55k to paint a barn....that's nuts!
Old 05-15-2011, 11:41 AM

Originally Posted by ECeptor
My thoughts exactly. A couple years back I was shocked at what painters were quoting to paint my house. I remember as a kid painting my parents and other relatives houses - it's not a skilled job and doesn't deserve that kind of margin. Yet, these guys wanted to get paid what worked out to $50-100/hour to paint!

I recommend going old school - buy the primer/paint yourself and find some hard working neighbor kids and pay them a decent wage and let them _earn_ some decent money for some honest work. When we were teenagers my brother and my buddies would have jumped at a chance like that.

$55k to paint a barn....that's nuts!
its not NUTZ its just the cost of a professional job ,by professionals, on a huge bldg and i want it rolled & not sprayed.sanded,washed,sealed,primed,painted (a lil more then just a high school kid job) They were set to start yesterday but with all the rain a lil minor setback , thanks for your knowledge and input on the subject Sir.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.