Motor Rebuild ?

Notices

Motor Rebuild ?

Old 05-09-2011, 01:52 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Motor Rebuild ?

2002 25' outlaw 6.2 730 hrs-----
Smoke started pouring out of the PCV breather hose at the end of one day ??? Next run, after about an hour, running about 30-32mph,alarm goes off, oil pressure drops, bilge full of oil.......Oil on top the motor, all over the back of the rear seat...!!!????.....
At home, on the hose, with new oil, NO OIL LEAKS !!!!! Ran her up to 2500RPM.....NO OIL LEAKES!!! None at the oil sensor---oil pressure gauge--NONE---!!!!!!
COULD they be some type of inside pressure which would push the oil out the filler cap----thats the side of the motor that was soaked---------ran her today with the filler cap off-----alot of air/light smoke puffing out !!!! ?????
I pulled the PCV valve out----and the smoke came out of the valve cover SOOoooo I'm assuming it has nothing to do with the PCV valve------
Any motor techs with some thoughts
Thanks------Mike Tampa Bay
Old 05-09-2011, 03:19 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

I'm no motor tech.. but I would say you've lost some rings, or maybe a hole in a piston if it has that much blow-by
Old 05-09-2011, 03:42 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Fixx

the motor is done! ,time to pull it or pull both and have them both reworked..you most likely broke a ring or the piston may have scuffrd the side of the piston..if you keep running it this way you will make it worse..
Old 05-10-2011, 11:21 AM
Registered

THANKS GUYS,
I spoke with a Merc Tech today and right off the bat he said the same thing RINGS !!!!! Re-build time!!!
Mike---Tampa Bay
Old 05-10-2011, 01:17 PM
Registered

Received 38 Likes on 26 Posts
Default Re-Build

Mike. Listen to me.... DO NOT REBUILD THAT MOTOR. You need more power.. Buy a low Hour 496ho and drop it in. May need new motor mounts but thats it. It will plug right up. I don't sell motors but if you want more info PM Me and I will send you my #. I live in Dunedin Florida Tampa Bay Area. I did a motor swap using a lightly used 496ho in my 25ft VIP Vindicator a few years ago and have had no trouble. I can even tell you what prop you need.

Chris
Old 05-10-2011, 04:47 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by 1stoutlaw
THANKS GUYS,
I spoke with a Merc Tech today and right off the bat he said the same thing RINGS !!!!! Re-build time!!!
Mike---Tampa Bay
I wouldnt go with a 6.2 either. For the cost of rebuild you can upgrade power and be much happier. There is a guy down here that will set you right up. He builds and maintains motors and reliability is his middle name.
Old 05-10-2011, 06:23 PM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,784 Likes on 885 Posts

A 25 Outlaw with a 6.2???? It must do all of 50mph.

Like was said, the engine is smoked. Look for a used low hour BBC takeout engine.
Old 05-10-2011, 06:42 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default For you.........

A special treat, just for you............
Attached Thumbnails Motor Rebuild ?-img_0867.jpg  
Old 05-11-2011, 12:46 PM
Registered

Thanks again !!!!
I replied and will call Chris "Blueabyss" --- ----BUT "poker-n-run" I don't know how to send you a PM---Soooo here is my home [email protected]---If you respond I will send you my home phone and find out about this builder in Sarasota!!!
Trippin,,,thanks for the photo that made me jealous-----and Griff---yes she only does 53mph---so now is the time to upgrade---however, I don't want to over spend to go 5-7 more mph------I'd rather spend the money on beer and feel like I'm going faster--hahaha Thanks Mike--Tampa Bay
Old 05-13-2011, 12:23 PM
Registered

I'm with the first few posts. Something is pressurizing the crankcase and forcing oil out of the pcv. Usually a melted piston, damaged rings or a head gasket are the culprits. If you feel like tinkering a bit, a compression check will usually point you to the bad hole. Last time a blew a head gasket into the lifter valley there was no mistaking the sound. If you're not hearing anything out of the ordinary it's probable a nuked piston or rings.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.