330 Hp to 400 HP >

330 Hp to 400 HP

Notices

330 Hp to 400 HP

Old 09-23-2011, 09:03 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 814 Likes on 373 Posts

Vortec-pro, its obvious from the pics your "hi-tech" dyno is more of a test stand in a storage unit, I can see the car that you have to push out sitting in the background. Your shop pics look just like another loser's pics that slinked off from this site, Roccard engines. Is Mr Roccard your business partner??? He also builds engines with outrageous hp numbers (765hp 454 w/9-1 comp runs on 87 octane and idles at 650 rpm's w secret recipe ported edelbrock 290 cc port heads) , the funny thing is he too was always talking crap about his "dyno", when we researched the numbers he claimed they came with a 25% correction factor (based on the altitude/humidity/outside air temp/dew point etc of his location at exact time he dynoed), I am sure you are familar with GENEROUS correction factors TOO with YOUR outrageous claims. As far as Bob Madera, he laid down the rules for a "true" challenge, I see you slinking away now trying to change the rules, man up or go home punk, Smitty

Last edited by articfriends; 09-23-2011 at 10:17 AM.
Old 09-23-2011, 09:10 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by articfriends
Vortec-pro, its obvious from the pics your "hi-tech" dyno is more of a test stand in a storage unit, I can see the car that you have to push out sitting in the background. Your shop pics look just like another loser's pics that slinked off from this site, Roccard engines. Is Mr Roccard your business partner??? He also builds engines without outrageous hp numbers (765hp 454 w/9-1 comp runs on 87 octane and idles at 650 rpm's w secret recipe ported edelbrock 290 cc port heads) , the funny thing is he too was always talking crap about his "dyno", when we researched the numbers he claimed they came with a 25% correction factor (based on the altitude/humidity/outside air temp/dew point etc of his location at exact time he dynoed), I am sure you are familar with GENEROUS correction factors TOO with YOUR outrageous claims. As far as Bob Madera, he laid down the rules for a "true" challenge, I see you slinking away now trying to change the rules, man up or go home punk, Smitty
VP cannot handle the thought of being the butt of everyone's jokes at PRI this year! That is why he has changed the rules and is insisting on playing in his sandbox. Mr. Bettis certainly informed VP not to take the original challenge. I doubt the dynos he is suggesting can even hold a constant load for 20 minutes without overheating. Why do you think he is insistent that Bob's motor goes first? I see it as a missed opportunity for VP. Imagine doing a dyno shootout in front of 5000 people at PRI and winning with parts designed in the 70's over modern AFR's. Man VP, you could be Elvis!!
Old 09-23-2011, 09:11 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Vortecpro
Good bring it to a drag strip and lets see how they run with his idiotic combinatios.
Again, you come to a high perf boating site and want them to build drag race engine?

I know nothing about boat engines compared to these guys, but at least I know this that you don't: a boat engine is not a car engine with different exhaust.
Old 10-02-2011, 04:14 AM
Registered

I'm new on this forum. I don't own a boat and know nothing about them to be honest.

First of all, I build race engines and my shop is at my house although due to health issues my rate currently is almost in reverse due to medical issues but that is not why I felt the need to join.

I don't have anything fancy, I do my own valve jobs with my Black & Decker valve re-facer and seat grinder, and in the end, all valves will be .002" to .008" of each other using stones. I do not machine work (Yet, although I'm learning on a friends boring bar and more so I can start doing it myself because I'm picky) but in the build, everything has to meet my approval.

I don't like to use customers engines as examples, so I will use the example of the engine we had in the Camaro while Nathan was on our team. The ET's and MPH backed up 530hp using a GM block, GM nodular iron crank, flat tops and stock intake runners in the GM 291 Camel Hump Heads with my spec'd valve train also.

Vortecpro aka mike1231 aka Mark Jones, is a person I would have suggested to people to buy a big block engine that runs descent for the money spent about 18 months ago, however things have changed.

Mark has a problem where he has to show you a multi million dollar machine shop and claim its his. Mark even did admit that the pictures are his machine shop, See below

Pictures of what Mark Jones claims is his shop

These are pictures of Mark's shop, His buddy Jarrett even posted pictures of Mark's shop with the Chevelle sitting exactly where it is in these pics,,,

There is one thing you should know by now, Mark Jones always thinks someone is out to challenge his dyno numbers, ALWAYS.

Now here is a good thread for you to look over, over in the car world, This thread has myself and other posters trying to help the original poster to solve his issues. Then all of the sudden, Mark Jones jumps in pointing fingers at people for saying this or that, when indeed the ONLY people who said what he was claiming was Mark Jones HIMSELF. Take a look below, you will have some good entertainment for an evening and you guys have given EXCELLENT entertainment on your site here.
http://www.yellowbullet.com/forum/sh...d.php?t=405777

For those that don't want to read through the thread linked above, Mark Jones had an engine that he sold to a follower online whom always suggested Mark Jones even though he had never owned one of his engines, that engine had a coolant leak that Mark did admit to, and Mark did say it should have been caught on the "dyno" , but then later Mark claims he never knew of such leak.

His customer was posting on all the forums, I told Mark I would help cover the costs for the freeze plugs and some other minor BS, just stop fighting with the customer and at this time Mark had already said "F$$K YOU NI$$ER" to his customer and to me for trying to say "Mark bad news travels fast, many friends of yours will help if needed"

Mark kept insisting it had wire nuts on the MSD causing the problem (I have seen many racers have electrical issues at the track and twist 2 wires together to make it through a race, and fix it later on) and 22" wheels causing the problems which you will see in his total BS claims

Here is a long post I made, showing some of Mark Jones lies and BS,,,
http://www.yellowbullet.com/forum/sh...&postcount=161
Old 10-02-2011, 04:40 AM
Registered

Mark joined Team Chevelle, a web site for Chevelle enthusiast similar to this forum

Before Mark was pumping his chest like he does, it was a guy with the screen name mike1231 and when it was connected that Mark was mike1231, he logged in as VORTECPRO

So I mentioned Mark is using mike1231 and VORTECPRO, as can be seen here he said god bless his wife she used their son's name to register Mark on the forum and the numbers stood for his son's birth date, then after a while he decided it was time to open an account under the name VORTECPRO defining his engine building business, I thought its all cool, what a way to honor your son, maybe he had an illness, I didn't know, Thought that was really cool

As you can see here, it was brought to my attention to look on the users profile and guess what!!!!! Mark had just told ANOTHER lie, he said his wife signed him up, god bless her, using their son's name and birthday, If you look at the screen shot for the users statistics VORTECPRO joined Team Chevelle on July 30th 2007, Mark joined as mike1231 February 2 2008

So to explain it real easy, Mark claimed he joined as mike1231 because that is what his wife used, then he decided it was time to join in as VORTECPRO

Here is the problem, Mark joined as VORTECPRO and had posts online on the forum, then when the mike1231 name was signed up, all he!! broke loose with these dyno challenges then VORTECPRO appeared, nobody knew VORTECPRO before mike1231 screen name

If a man says god bless his wife, and she used his son's birthday and name to sign him up, and everything that can be found as evidence clearly shows that was a 100% lie, what else will this man lie to you about?

Also, It is easy to see all of you have seen his dyno and know the truth, One thing I said to Mark then and now is this and I stand behind it. I do not think the cars run as fast as they should for the power the dyno shows and I understand some of that is the correction factor if not all of it but my opinion is Mark should be more proud of what he does accomplish because if it was that nice little clean Pro Stock looking shop, I would expect a lot better times and power however Mark should hold his head up for getting it done with LESS

The other problem I see with Mark is, when we did talk, we talked about the bad engine or what ever the issue was with Bozzhog aka John in the link with the leaking freeze plugs, Mark has told me several times "I do hundreds of these engines and I just don't have problems"

I have said that too, but the thing is, don't ever think that because when you do something will happen, Mark stressed that line so much I feel maybe there was an issue with a freeze plug but Mark couldn't admit to a possible mistake.

I wish no harm to Mark or anyone, and I hope he sells enough engines to become rich (That will never happen in racing! Only way to make a million dollars, is start with two million) but I think he needs to accept the fact that many parts, are out of our control on tolerances and parts may fail but its our duty to take care of it and to know which brands are giving us quality issues.
Old 07-27-2014, 07:16 PM
Registered

I just read 16 pages from YEARS ago, for no dyno showdown?! FML
Old 07-28-2014, 02:51 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 1,231 Likes on 686 Posts

Originally Posted by dwiddowmaker
I just read 16 pages from YEARS ago, for no dyno showdown?! FML

But it was for sure drama filled! Some good laughs... good reading while waiting on slow software.