fuel additive

Notices

fuel additive

Old 05-17-2011, 04:42 PM
Registered
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Eliminator28
What about dumb ass's like me that didn't put anything in the tanks when I stashed it in October... Forgot, and recently realized I have about 70 gallons sitting in the tanks..

Any sugggestions on what to add to it.. Or should I dump it

Sorry for the thread jack Skydog
Have you tried to run it yet? If it were me I would add some startron and run it some before I pumped the tanks.
Old 05-17-2011, 05:31 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by rgrgoog
Have you tried to run it yet? If it were me I would add some startron and run it some before I pumped the tanks.
hahah all good buddy!! Is your motor stock? Is it blowen? If she is stock and not packing her full will a power adder. Sartron and roll for sure. Just dont show the motor alot of load. Load is what will cause deto and that is not good.

Skydog P.S. Or if you are blowen stay out of boost and you will be fine.
Old 05-17-2011, 07:17 PM
Registered
Gold Member

Originally Posted by skydog
hahah all good buddy!! Is your motor stock? Is it blowen? If she is stock and not packing her full will a power adder. Sartron and roll for sure. Just dont show the motor alot of load. Load is what will cause deto and that is not good.

Sky dog is right. I would think you would be able to tell with just idling the engines (running them). If you had water they would have a hard time staying at idle (either rough idle or need higher rpms just to keep the motor running and not stalling out).
Old 05-17-2011, 07:24 PM
Registered

Received 34 Likes on 22 Posts

What about dumb ass's like me that didn't put anything in the tanks when I stashed it in October... Forgot, and recently realized I have about 70 gallons sitting in the tanks..

It will be fine...Startron would help tho..
Old 05-17-2011, 07:31 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 344 Likes on 115 Posts

http://www.valvtect.com/ethanol.asp

I've used the Valvtect (green bottle) additive for the last 4 seasons and have been trouble-free in all of my boats. I'm knocking on wood as I type this...
Old 05-17-2011, 11:19 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rgrgoog
Not yet.. I'm thinking I'm gonna drain some out and look at it to start with. Then add some new 91 to what's left.. I'll have to look around for that Startron stuff, haven't seen it out here..
Old 05-17-2011, 11:26 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by skydog

N/A 509. Comp is only 9 to 1, quench is tight, and I didn't hear any detonation on the dyno on 89 ... Just putting it in the Boat now. I just don't want to start out on the wrong foot with crappy fuel.. Jack my weekend all up
Old 05-18-2011, 01:35 AM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,821 Likes on 907 Posts

Just add some seafoam and run it. It will be fine.
Old 05-18-2011, 01:52 AM
Registered

Not yet.. I'm thinking I'm gonna drain some out and look at it to start with. Then add some new 91 to what's left.. I'll have to look around for that Startron stuff, haven't seen it out here..
I would add one of these additives that everybody is talking about and top it off with 91
Old 05-18-2011, 06:26 AM
Registered
Gold Member

Walmart carries it in the sporting goods/fishing/boating isle

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.