Getting really frustrated! >

Getting really frustrated!

Notices

Getting really frustrated!

Old 05-16-2011, 08:07 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Getting really frustrated!

So I havent even got the boat wet this year, but talking and reading about boats in the same HP and size as mine is making me think I have some sort of problem.

Boat: 97 Crownline 225 CCR
Drive: Bravo 1
Motor: 454 MAG
Mods: Whipplecharger, light head porting, enkenal valves.
Best personal MPH: 68.2
Prop: 27P Mirage +
PS #: 22.9%

This boat did 73.9 with the last owner, only thing I did to it was add a stereo, two amps in the cabin, two SRM-29 batteries under the rear seat along with 2 10" subs. I only run one cranking battery so its not like I added a crazy amount of wieght. The boat does 65 with 6 people and a full cooler, but only gains 2-3MPH with 2 people and a cooler. Could the battery weight being further forward under the seat instead of at the very back be hurting my speed, (bow lift)? This boat, granted not a true speed boat should be 75+ all day long, it has the power and is fairly light. I am just looking for some things to try, going to do some prop testing at BBlades since they are only 45min away from me, but would like to have the boat setup to the best possible configuration. Any input would be helpful. I am also going to install new instruments, the cheap farris gauges are not that accurate and I need more info like boost, oil temp, and a accurate RPM.
Old 05-16-2011, 08:31 AM
Registered

The drive is a 1.50 ratio. FWIW
Old 05-16-2011, 08:43 AM
Registered

Well your biggest glaring issue is prop slip. You need to move into a 4 blade that will fix the speed issues. As far as old speed unless you saw it than who knows? Start with what you got and go from there.
Old 05-16-2011, 08:56 AM
Registered

540 -2 shortie
Old 05-16-2011, 08:59 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Poker~N~Run
Well your biggest glaring issue is prop slip. You need to move into a 4 blade that will fix the speed issues. As far as old speed unless you saw it than who knows? Start with what you got and go from there.
Yes, BBlades want me to try a Bravo 1 30p 4blade, they said that should get the slip down. The last owner is very trustable and I dont doubt for one second his word. I just want to know if the forward weight is costing me.
Old 05-16-2011, 09:04 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by pacalim1965@yaho
540 -2 shortie
540? And by -2 you mean lower drive? I know my drive sits down pretty deep. I am hoping to keep this fairly cheap since this hull is kinda a novelty for the speed and power it has, not trying to make this into something its not but want to get the most out of it that I can, then maybe move into a better hull like a Fountain or Pantera, but this is what I have for now, so hope to make fairly cheap changes and deal with the rest.
Old 05-16-2011, 09:09 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by stopdropanroll
Yes, BBlades want me to try a Bravo 1 30p 4blade, they said that should get the slip down. The last owner is very trustable and I dont doubt for one second his word. I just want to know if the forward weight is costing me.
I doubt it cost you that much. With your set up you have the torque. A hundred more pounds isn't hurting you. You are leaving so much on table with that slip that's what has to be fixed. A labbed 30 would be nIce depending on what rpm you want to run. I would try a regular 28 for a baseline.
Maybe the old owner had it up on the trailer trim.
Old 05-16-2011, 10:20 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Poker~N~Run
I doubt it cost you that much. With your set up you have the torque. A hundred more pounds isn't hurting you. You are leaving so much on table with that slip that's what has to be fixed. A labbed 30 would be nIce depending on what rpm you want to run. I would try a regular 28 for a baseline.
Maybe the old owner had it up on the trailer trim.
Thank you, thats the stuff I want to hear!
Old 05-16-2011, 11:23 AM
Registered

If you can find a -2 shortie lower outdrive unit and prop it accordingly your boat should get real happy and handle way better. less drag through the water. Great chance of higher top end. find a friend with a shortie and test it out before you buy.
Old 05-16-2011, 11:30 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

WOW Yea Get Brett from BBlades to get you a four blade on there and get it hooked up!!! You will smile!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.