Trim gauge not working

Notices

Trim gauge not working

Old 05-28-2011, 06:59 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dagah2x
Blueabyss,

Thanks for the offer, I may take you up on the offer if you can send me your #.

Was out today and it worked a couple times now its in the up position again. I was wondering if just replacing that piece on the inside of the sender would fix it? My wires all look good...not sure why it would work for a while and then stop, I cleaned all the contacts in there, seems like it would either work or not work....
I do want to get it working because its a new boat this year for me and im having trouble getting bow lift so I really cant "feel" when the trim is maxed out, have to look at the rooster tail and obviously dont want to damage the ujoints....or lose a pair of sunglasses turning my head around all the time.....
Mine did the exact same thing a couple of years ago. (2006 Bravo 3) Sometimes it would work sometimes not. Just replace the part I mentioned in the previous post and it will work as long as the wires are OK. Next time you open the sender you can check the wires by doing a continuity test at the contacts. The potentiometer (the disc inside the sender) is the only other thing besides the wiring that can be wrong with the sender. It's a fairly simple part.

Or spend hours replacing the whole sender for no reason. It's your call.