Jetting for Supercharged 502 >

Jetting for Supercharged 502

Notices

Jetting for Supercharged 502

Old 05-23-2011, 04:11 PM
Registered

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Jetting for Supercharged 502

I have a 502 with a B&M 250 with dual Holley 750's. The carbs were set up by pro-systems, and are boost referenced. The jets are 74's all the way around with 5.5 power valves in both the primary and secondarys. The engine was a 500hp carb, but now has flat top pistons in it. I took the new engine out for a test ride yesterday, and the plugs were reading very lean. I have dual fuel pumps running to a manifold, and then to the carbs with 7.5lbs of pressure. Just wondering if anyone has an idea what I might jet these at? and do the power valves sound right? Was going to start with 78's all the way around to start with.
Old 05-23-2011, 04:46 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bleek
I have a 502 with a B&M 250 with dual Holley 750's. The carbs were set up by pro-systems, and are boost referenced. The jets are 74's all the way around with 5.5 power valves in both the primary and secondarys. The engine was a 500hp carb, but now has flat top pistons in it. I took the new engine out for a test ride yesterday, and the plugs were reading very lean. I have dual fuel pumps running to a manifold, and then to the carbs with 7.5lbs of pressure. Just wondering if anyone has an idea what I might jet these at? and do the power valves sound right? Was going to start with 78's all the way around to start with.
Apples and Oranges...but I have a procharged 454 running 9 lbs boost. I got rid of the plug fouling problems and low end torque when I cam down to 78's on the front....am running conservative and have 102's in the secondaries! I don't know what my power valve is. I know there is more left on the top but think I have my midrange within 90+% of potential and I should be safe!

PS Mine is a single 650.

Last edited by pachanga; 05-23-2011 at 04:49 PM.
Old 05-23-2011, 07:54 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by bleek
Are you sure its a flat top piston? unless the combustion chambers are pretty big I would thnk that you would have too much compression with a flat top? that may be why the plugs showing lean.
Old 05-23-2011, 08:36 PM
VIP Member

How much boost ??? When I had a similar setup, I ran 82 prim and 94 secondaries.
Old 05-23-2011, 09:00 PM
VIP Member

Looks like we have a spammer !!!! ^^^^^^^^^
Old 05-24-2011, 12:47 AM
Registered

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

i'm running 6lbs of boost with this setup.
Old 05-24-2011, 06:22 AM
Registered

Received 29 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Smitty
Looks like we have a spammer !!!! ^^^^^^^^^
Where? I read that as 80 primary and 92 secondary.....its just written in a secret tuner's code
Old 12-10-2011, 12:20 AM
Registered

Received 87 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by aatt00225
Best Uggs On Sale with high quality, fashion Ugg Boots Sale with cheap . Various Ugg On Sale by the best ugg outlet. Uggs clearance uk have ugg boots, they are cheap, ugg boots clearance uk have freeshiooing and half discount. Cheap ugg boots sale on UGGs Outlet, the best UGG Outlet you should come and buy fashion ugg boots from. Cheap ugg boots on sale on UGGs Outlet, the best UGG Outlet you should come and buy fashion ugg boots from.
i really hate them fargin uggs
Old 12-12-2011, 06:17 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

are you checking fuel pressure under hard run ? need to...if thats fine...read the plugs and tune from there..I have been running prosystems carbs for years(and still am) and they are usully real close out of the box...but close not always perfect...tune from there..
Old 12-12-2011, 06:06 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

put a a/f box on then you will have the reading on your a/f no guessing