496 just makes a click? >

496 just makes a click?

Notices

496 just makes a click?

Old 05-24-2011, 08:59 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 496 just makes a click?

One of the motors in my baja 342 just makes a single click around the back right when I turn the key? Motor started fine last year! any ideas?
Old 05-24-2011, 09:09 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by pagerboy
One of the motors in my baja 342 just makes a single click around the back right when I turn the key? Motor started fine last year! any ideas?
Battery??
Old 05-24-2011, 09:15 PM
Registered

starter or battery..
Old 05-24-2011, 09:15 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Baja_man
Battery??
This is my first twin engine boat! So these battery switches really confuse me? There is two swithces, and two batterys. The switches read off,both,1,2 can you explain? in my mind it seems simple! but still not sure! lol
Old 05-24-2011, 09:20 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by gotstreetracin
starter or battery..
boat started fine last year and has never been operated since the last time it was started! not sure how a starter would fail just siting for 9 months. the drive off that engine was removed and reinstalled could that have something to do with it?
Old 05-24-2011, 09:27 PM
Registered

The switches read off,both,1,2 can you explain?
When the switch is in the "off" position, no power is coming from the batteries to anything. With the swith in "both" the batteries are combined to power everything. With the switch in either "1" or "2" only that battery is on.
Old 05-24-2011, 09:32 PM
Registered

so if one switch is on one and the other is on 2 what does that mean?
Old 05-24-2011, 09:33 PM
Registered

Received 85 Likes on 43 Posts

This is my first twin engine boat! So these battery switches really confuse me? There is two swithces, and two batterys. The switches read off,both,1,2 can you explain? in my mind it seems simple! but still not sure! lol
off is off, both is pulling or charging from both, 1 is batt 1, and 2 is batt 2, as far as the clicking, may be starter or batt or could be the contacts in your starter relay, had one do this and thought the same, new battery and starter later, still clicked, pulled relay apart and cleaned contacts, never clicked again
Old 05-24-2011, 09:33 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Baja_man
When the switch is in the "off" position, no power is coming from the batteries to anything. With the swith in "both" the batteries are combined to power everything. With the switch in either "1" or "2" only that battery is on.
A big thing to remember is DO NOT turn the battery switch from any position to OFF when the engine is running. This can fry your alternator. It is good practice to never touch the battery switch while an engine is running.
Old 05-24-2011, 09:37 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by dogturd21
A big thing to remember is DO NOT turn the battery switch from any position to OFF when the engine is running. This can fry your alternator. It is good practice to never touch the battery switch while an engine is running.
ok I have to ask(LMAO) where did you come up with the idea for your user name to be dogturd? thats so funny!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.