Having trouble with circ pump hose with RPM AirGap >

Having trouble with circ pump hose with RPM AirGap

Notices

Having trouble with circ pump hose with RPM AirGap

Old 05-25-2011, 10:19 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Having trouble with circ pump hose with RPM AirGap

I was planning to run an Edelbrock RPM AirGap intake with the stock Merc circ pump and hoses, and the taller T-stat boss puts the T-stat housing too high up for the hose to reach. I have circled the issue in yellow. I'm sure someone out there who is using this intake has run into the same problem. Did you find a longer hose, modify the existing one, stretch it and hope for the best...?

Also, can the bypass (arrow) between the intake and circ pump be eliminated? What is it's function?

Old 05-26-2011, 12:06 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Fixx

you can cut the hose and add a piece of ss tubeing the it..order a longer hose, i believe either tall deck sc engine or a bull dog is longer..or add a SS hose from jeggs and dress it up a bit..the one that goes from the water pump to under the t-stat housing,go to your local auto parts store and match one up and cut it to legnth.

http://www.jegs.com/i/JEGS+Performan...11231/10002/-1
Old 05-26-2011, 05:37 AM
Registered

Thanks - I'll probably just cut it and extend it. No point in adding anything fancy - it's hidden behind the back seat.

Can the bypass hose between the intake and the water pump be eliminated? It's too short too. I noticed the HP500/Dart intakes don't even have provisions for this.
Old 05-26-2011, 06:10 AM
Registered

Location: Omaha, Nebraska. Boat on the Mighty Mo! Longest river in the USA!
Received 37 Likes on 23 Posts

No do not eliminate the hose. Like said above just run to an auto store and buy a longer one.

You can also go to Home Depot and any hardware store and buy a plastic union for $1 since you are not worred about the looks.
Old 05-26-2011, 06:25 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by 1BIGJIM
No do not eliminate the hose. Like said above just run to an auto store and buy a longer one.

You can also go to Home Depot and any hardware store and buy a plastic union for $1 since you are not worred about the looks.
Jim, just to be clear, I was talking about eliminating the small hose pointed to by the arrow. What is its function? I have seen BB Chevy's set up without it in the past.
Old 05-26-2011, 06:51 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hmm, glad you posted this as i will be putting that exact same intake on mine ove the weekend and i had a feeling those hose issues might appear.

does anyone have part numbers for those 2 hoses that would be longer to fit this higher intake properly??? i dont really want to splice in sections of hose as that just adds more fittings that can possibly leak.
thanks!
Old 05-26-2011, 07:19 AM
Registered

Received 743 Likes on 401 Posts

525SC hose works perfect. If you splice the existing hose, make sure whatever insert you use is barbed and double clamp it. Otherwise you'll be washing your engine compartment down on a regular basis.

Last edited by Knot 4 Me; 05-26-2011 at 10:40 AM.
Old 05-26-2011, 10:25 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Not sure what the function is...bypass or pressure relief of some sort?

My OMC BBC w/ the airgap didn't have that hose.
Old 05-26-2011, 10:55 AM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,815 Likes on 903 Posts

As said by others you can cut and splice the large hose or use a factory 525SC Hose.

Part 19 http://www.mercruiserparts.com/Show_...MOSTAT+HOUSING
Old 05-26-2011, 11:18 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

As for the small hose I just went to an auto parts store and they let me go back and look at the hoses. I found one the right diameter that had a 90* bend in it but was long on both sides and then I cut it down to the size I needed.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.