Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > General Q & A
NJ engine builders >

NJ engine builders

Notices

NJ engine builders

Old 06-06-2011, 03:06 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

only 1 place to go in Ocean County...The "OLD" Kurts Marine (now called Bandit Performance Marine) is now owned and operated by the Wehrlen Family from Wehrlen Brothers Marina...Danny Crank is the only person that will put a wrench to any engine of mine and has a solid reputation for building a solid lasting engine and a more then competitive price.
http://www.banditperformancemarine.com/ DO YOURSELF A FAVOR A MAKE THE CALL YOU WILL NOT BE DISAPPOINTED !
Old 06-07-2011, 07:51 AM
Registered

Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts
Thumbs up

I agree with Bernie, Bandit built my engine. They came in on budget, on time, and the horsepower/torque we agreed to. I'm a very happy customer!!
Old 06-07-2011, 09:50 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by VetteSteve
Dryden Marine. Rudy Dryden on A Street in Wilmington, DE did my engine. Great guy who knows engines and is very meticulous. 302-367-4962
He is meticulous....built a 496 stroker for me a few years back. TOOK FOREVER!!!!!!

For what it is worth I have seen alot of boats with big power come from him though.

Last edited by Baja226sport; 06-08-2011 at 11:41 AM.
Old 06-07-2011, 12:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Baja226sport
He is meticulous....built a 496 stroker for me a few years back.

For what it is worth I have seen alot of boats with big power come from him though.
meticulous & very anal to say the least but he does what he says and not all the extras B/S that double the price your qouted. he did mine and very happy.
Old 06-07-2011, 03:05 PM
Registered

I'm going to deal with Rudy, stopped over there last Friday, and he seems to be a straight shooter and he's only about 10 miles from my house. He gave me a few options and has some feelers out there, hopefully I will have some motors in a weeks or so.
Old 06-07-2011, 03:50 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Duck Diggler
I'm going to deal with Rudy,........, hopefully I will have some motors in a weeks or so.
Not having them built then right????
Old 06-07-2011, 07:54 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Duck Diggler
Any recommendations on a NJ engine builder? I have been looking at CMS Motorsports in Brick any feedback with them? His engine builder Tom Moulis used to be with Kurts. From what I understand is right across the street. Any information would be greatly appreciated..Thanks

Rudy has built 5 engines for us in the last 6 years including a pair of true 1300+hp 565s that now have over 270 hrs on them and still leak down at 10%.They don't burn a lick of oil or blow anything out of the breathers.
If your looking for a specific time frame or a speedy one or two week turn around Rudy is probably not your guy.Although I have seen him complete a pair of engines and rig them in a week for a Poker run .He does all of the engine building portion 100% himself and between drag cars,muscle cars and boats, he has plenty of work .
If you are looking for true custom , carefully assembled well engineered power that lasts, he is your man.
Old 06-07-2011, 08:13 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by WildWarrior
If your looking for a specific time frame or a speedy one or two week turn around Rudy is probably not your guy....... He does all of the engine building portion 100% himself and between drag cars,muscle cars and boats, he has plenty of work .
If you are looking for true custom , carefully assembled well engineered power that lasts, he is your man.
Well put, and an accurate representation of his work. I guess I should have been more specific in what I was saying. The 496 made 600hp on 89 octane would spin 5600 rpm all day long. It just took a LONG time to be completed. Obviously my little project was not priority over high dollar 1300 hp stuff. And there is a "waiting line" at that!

I have also had a friend with a 540 by him that is still running 5 yrs later and I can say at least 5 other boats that I have seen him service.
Old 06-07-2011, 08:55 PM
Registered

He's either gonna tweak a couple of 502 crate motors a little or hes got some feelers out there for me for some already built engines, and he'll just go over them for me. Either way I trust he'll steer me in the right direction for my budget and time.
Old 06-07-2011, 09:19 PM

Originally Posted by Baja226sport
Not having them built then right????
hey P.F. is that you ???? the yellow motor with the Imco exhaust that was EXTREMELY AGED ? wher'd the Baja finally end up ??

Last edited by fountainfan42; 06-08-2011 at 08:57 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.