Air fuel ratio...wet exhaust???

Notices

Air fuel ratio...wet exhaust???

Old 06-03-2011, 08:39 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Air fuel ratio...wet exhaust???

I just got a second hand procharger 5psi setup for my 7.4 mpi bbc... I know cast internals ect... tic tic tic , I also got the optional fuel pump and regulator ect.. the tech I spoke to at procharger about the kit recommended that I install an afr gauge just to be on the safe side (seems to make sense) detonation sucks!! however I am still running wet exhaust with the corsa quick and quiet deal and plan to for a little while. because of the wet exhaust the procharger tech said to have a 1'' spacer made to go between the engine block and exhaust manifold and drill out a spot in the spacer for the afr sensor. And then of coarse you would need longer studs ect..I am just curious to see if anyone out there has done this or run into something similar. Any advice other than dont procharge the 7.4 HA HA ..would be great! thanks
Old 06-03-2011, 09:12 PM
Registered

IF you go to ebay under Moore Performance sells one out of aluminum for about $100.00, would work great for fresh water use but brackish or salt water it will not last to long
Old 06-03-2011, 09:21 PM
Registered

Received 1,206 Likes on 579 Posts

Here's the least expensive one on eBay.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/OXYGE...item2eb4fef8bf
Old 06-03-2011, 09:35 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Rookie
Here's the least expensive one on eBay.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/OXYGE...item2eb4fef8bf
Thanks, I know its only an inch but would force my exhaust out of alighnment? do i need to do the same on the other side?
Old 06-04-2011, 06:15 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by bajaboy217
I just got a second hand procharger 5psi setup for my 7.4 mpi bbc... I know cast internals ect... tic tic tic , I also got the optional fuel pump and regulator ect.. the tech I spoke to at procharger about the kit recommended that I install an afr gauge just to be on the safe side (seems to make sense) detonation sucks!! however I am still running wet exhaust with the corsa quick and quiet deal and plan to for a little while. because of the wet exhaust the procharger tech said to have a 1'' spacer made to go between the engine block and exhaust manifold and drill out a spot in the spacer for the afr sensor. And then of coarse you would need longer studs ect..I am just curious to see if anyone out there has done this or run into something similar. Any advice other than dont procharge the 7.4 HA HA ..would be great! thanks
There's a guy on here that makes them, very high quality. Can't remember his scree name, but search the classifieds, he had them listed there. With any luck, he'll see this thread.
Old 06-04-2011, 11:50 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by bajaboy217
I just got a second hand procharger 5psi setup for my 7.4 mpi bbc... I know cast internals ect...

If it is the HO motor then the internals are GM factory forged. If not HO then yes cast. For the most part if Merc says Mag it is cast and if they state HO it is forged.

Cool. Good luck on the charging.
Old 06-04-2011, 02:48 PM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 9 Posts

I will leave my opinion to myself since it seems you do not want to hear about what happens to cast pistons.
Be sure you use a wideband kit, the narrow band is not very accurate. I have used both and wideband is the only way to go.
Old 06-06-2011, 01:14 AM
Registered

HI what is the afr a stock marine engine should run. ex 496 HO.thank
Old 06-06-2011, 03:31 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by jeffswav
I will leave my opinion to myself since it seems you do not want to hear about what happens to cast pistons.
Be sure you use a wideband kit, the narrow band is not very accurate. I have used both and wideband is the only way to go.
Jeffswav,
thanks... I ordered the wideband kit today from summit racing
PN: avm304100
Old 06-07-2011, 08:53 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

I make oxygen sensor spacers for merc style exhaust.
Let me know if I can help.

Jeff Wagner
Wags Engineering