Driving me nuts (condensation?) >

Driving me nuts (condensation?)

Notices

Driving me nuts (condensation?)

Old 06-20-2011, 09:17 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by cabin fever
ok follow up to this as I finally got to run the boat for 3 full days after the water psi bypass install.

Set the bypass valve at 15#. at 2500 its spitting some water, At 3000 rpms its dumping water pretty good.

Water psi gauge never went over 15# all weekend.

Water temp 130-150 all weekend. Oil Temp goes up to 230 at 3500 rpms after a few min. Never seemed to go over that, but I didn't push it WOT for more then a couple short bursts. Slow down, and it drops down to around 180-200.

First run I took the tubes outta the valve covers, and it blew chit over the top, white sludge. cleaned it up. Put the tubes back in (my tubes run to puke tank, not the carb) Run it again the next day, and nothing. NADA, Zilch. Checked oil, and it looked good.

3rd day, was the same as the 2nd. Checked oil when I got home, and still looked good.

Gonna keep an eye on it, but keeping my fingers crossed I am ok now.
Glad to hear all is well Shane! You missed a awesome day on the lake yesterday

It was good seeing you guys down there.
Old 06-20-2011, 09:34 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It was great seeing you, and actually hanging out for more then 10 minutes.

thanks again for the ride, I owe you one.

After 3 days in the sun, my burnt azz was draggin. Went home put the boat in the garage, turned on teh A/C, and started cleaning.

Were gonna try to come back down in August. If you get a wild hair up your arse, come to sewerville for the 4th. The lake is high, and we can run up north about 25 miles.