water pump/blown engines??? >

water pump/blown engines???

Notices

water pump/blown engines???

Old 06-10-2011, 03:31 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default water pump/blown engines???

just wondering if the water pumps in the outdrives is enough to cool these high perf. motors and als the timeing is good at idle but when I rev up its jumping all over also when I shake the thunderbolt modual that comes out of the distributer it jumps in guessing its bad what do you guys think??? thanks for any help I have fixed the timeing problem it was the module Im still realy wondering about the water pump ??????
Attached Thumbnails water pump/blown engines???-dsc02543.jpg   water pump/blown engines???-dsc02548.jpg  

Last edited by tommyvt59; 06-10-2011 at 08:00 PM. Reason: add pic
Old 06-10-2011, 04:16 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I too have a blown SBC and I run a raw water cooled engine off the pick up off the drive thru the water pump for the engine and a separate transom mounted pick up that force feeds my intercooler thur a sand/sea strainer. Thus far after about 18 hrs of use works well. I see about water pressure in the low 20's at wot on the engine and around mid to hi 20's on the intercooler, can't speak for the timing/ignition issue.
Old 06-10-2011, 11:01 AM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,816 Likes on 904 Posts

Water pump in outdrive?????? Are you talking about Alpha drives??? They will bring in enough water, but they are not going handle the HP/torque of the engine in the pic.

The module has to be grounded through the case also, so shaking it may be creating a short.