Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > General Q & A
88 baja force 235 speed question >

88 baja force 235 speed question

Notices

88 baja force 235 speed question

Old 06-13-2011, 10:12 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks everyone. I guess I was off on thinking of mid 40's for cruise speeds. I've been using my offshore fishing boat to tube and cruise with up till now and it cruises at 33-35. I like top speed as much as anyone but really would like a fast cruise. I'm sure the speed bug will bite as it has with every other hobby I have. I've built and own/owned a few twin turbo and blower cars. Either way I'm very excited to get the boat and starting personalizing it.

Thanks everyone and keep it coming.
Old 06-13-2011, 12:13 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My brother in law has a 25 sunsation agressor with a 330hp in it and he tops out at 60 with a 25p mirage. The hull of that boat is polar opposite to that Baja, but I would guess with a 23p mirage with you and a cooler that you could maybe hit 60. The more weight you have, the more difficult it will be to plane with a higher pitch prop.

If you decide to go bigger power, I wouldn't recommend getting the most out of that block because it would become expensive quickly.