How do I find out who has the loan on a boat I purchased >

How do I find out who has the loan on a boat I purchased

Notices

How do I find out who has the loan on a boat I purchased

Old 06-17-2011, 06:32 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default How do I find out who has the loan on a boat I purchased

How can I find out what bank holds the loan on a boat I purchased last year which I still do not have a title for and I know the prior owner has not payed it off? I found the original loan papers in the boat but the bank does not show it on file.
Old 06-17-2011, 08:10 PM
OSO OG
Gold Member

OMG how did this happen??????
Old 06-17-2011, 08:16 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Fixx

Originally Posted by brian41
How can I find out what bank holds the loan on a boat I purchased last year which I still do not have a title for and I know the prior owner has not payed it off? I found the original loan papers in the boat but the bank does not show it on file.
Ask your ins agent,he should be able to run the hin number to see what bank held the title..
if that wont work then try this link

http://www.boathistoryreport.com/

Last edited by FIXX; 06-17-2011 at 08:18 PM.
Old 06-18-2011, 05:19 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by DollaBill
OMG how did this happen??????
I trusted a long time OSO member (Mark Smith) to do the rite thing and got screwed.
Old 06-18-2011, 05:57 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Kind of an ironic boat name......
Old 06-18-2011, 07:49 AM
Registered

ck last known state where was titled, start there ? so you do not have or cannot get the title ?? possibly file for a lost title..varies state to state....are you sure was not paid off ? I ran into this few years ago...some states put lien release right on title, some have separate letter they attach to the title....get hold of title somehow and lien holder should be on there...if its old the bank may have closed or wrote it off, thats what happened in my case...talked them...they could not find any record of the loan so they sent me a release letter..good luck
Old 06-18-2011, 09:26 AM
jfm
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Pull the engines and drives and sell them to get back what he stole from you. Then drive the hull back and dump it on his lawn and let him deal with it.
Old 06-18-2011, 09:48 AM
Banned

On 10-15-2010 I paid for the boat and Mark gave a me bill of sale with a contract that gave him 2 weeks to pay the boat off and get the title which he never did. I found loan papers on the boat from when he bought it in 2001. The lien holder at the time was Key Bank in Ohio. I called them on monday and told them of the sale of the boat to me last year and they still have not come up with an answer one way or the other if the loan is still active.The person I talked to at the bank said there was nothing on file but put in a request with the info I had available.Mark may have tied the boat to the loan on his new house when he bought it, I do not know at this time.

Mark is aware of the thread I started on OSO last week calling him out in public but he still has not responded and I am to the point now that I am going to remove the boat from my property on monday and file a law suite against Mark for return of my money plus all my costs,labor and storage.

I am already looking at several other boats and will be looking to close a deal within the next 2 weeks.
Old 06-18-2011, 10:24 AM
Registered

Received 606 Likes on 275 Posts

Hey, Brian, I'm sorry to hear about this. I did see your other thread on it too. I would apply for a lost title at a SOS office. You have a bill of sale right? (with no mention of a lien ).
Old 06-18-2011, 02:03 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow Brian, this is unbelievable. I always thought Mark was a stand up guy. Here's hoping he does the right thing.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.