Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > General Q & A
Would you own a boat if it was cool and cloudy the majority of the summer? >

Would you own a boat if it was cool and cloudy the majority of the summer?

Notices

Would you own a boat if it was cool and cloudy the majority of the summer?

Old 06-22-2011, 12:24 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Would you own a boat if it was cool and cloudy the majority of the summer?

Just curious on thoughts here....

I live in good old cloudy Seattle. Last year it rained Memorial Day, 4th of July, Seafair (hydro races) and Labor Day. Weve had a total of 33 days over 75 degrees since November 2009!! The last weekend we had over 80 degrees was August 15th 2010! It was the coolest summer we have had in 55 years.

This spring we broke records for rainfall and cool temps..April was the coolest ever. This spring ranked as the coolest since 1955. Last weekend it hit 56 degrees on Saturday and 62 on Sunday. So far this year we have had 2 days over 75 degrees. The next 4 days are forecast to be mid 60's and rain..

The question: Would you own a boat if you lived in this climate? I LOVE boating but am beginning to wonder if its worth owning one when you rarely get to use it.
Old 06-22-2011, 12:27 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I'd move.

But to answer your question directly, I would rid myself of a boat and find something else to play with; like flying perhaps.
Old 06-22-2011, 12:36 PM
Registered

Location: Northern, KY (Cincinnati) Lake St Clair, MI Norris Lake, TN
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I would probabaly buy a boat more conducive to your climate. Suitable for long comfy cruises protected from the weather

Maybe get one of those funny looking rain hats and take up fishing?
Old 06-22-2011, 12:45 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[The question: Would you own a boat if you lived in this climate? I LOVE boating but am beginning to wonder if its worth owning one when you rarely get to use it.[/QUOTE]

I do live where it is just like that ,all the time , but i just love powerboats and thats that . not only do we have sh-t weather but very hi gas cost , roughly $9 a gallon , but i cant see me giving up boating for a long while yet ,far too much fun . re paul from England
Old 06-22-2011, 02:23 PM
Gold Member

Originally Posted by paul buckner
[The question: Would you own a boat if you lived in this climate? I LOVE boating but am beginning to wonder if its worth owning one when you rarely get to use it.
I do live where it is just like that ,all the time , but i just love powerboats and thats that . not only do we have sh-t weather but very hi gas cost , roughly $9 a gallon , but i cant see me giving up boating for a long while yet ,far too much fun . re paul from England[/QUOTE]

now thats a real hard core boater.to answer your question,no.i would not give up boating.as much as i hate boating in the rain,i still would not give it up,,,,,,maybe a enclosed cabin or something.
Old 06-22-2011, 02:28 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

go fast with enclosed cockpit and a heater
Old 06-22-2011, 02:30 PM
Registered

I feel for ya brother, I'm just south of your neck of the woods in Tacoma. This area is way to beautiful to just enjoy from the shore. Inner Puget Sound and the San Juans are just amazing. The weather will get better I promise. Well I can't promise, but keep the darn boat. There are not that many nice ones around here!
Old 06-22-2011, 02:48 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i have never been without a boat since i was 14 years old...i'm 44 now...i don't see any situation that would arise that i wouldn't have a boat...but i also wouldn't move to someplace like Seattle
Old 06-22-2011, 03:09 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by bigmike253
I feel for ya brother, I'm just south of your neck of the woods in Tacoma. This area is way to beautiful to just enjoy from the shore. Inner Puget Sound and the San Juans are just amazing. The weather will get better I promise. Well I can't promise, but keep the darn boat. There are not that many nice ones around here!

You know exactly what Im talking about!
Boats are an expensive hobby and when I only use it 5-6 times a year you begin to question all the hassle and cost.

Here is a video of what Im talking about!! This was filmed in June 3 years ago. Looks alot like January!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xnTsfjUIeas
Old 06-22-2011, 03:14 PM
21 and 42 footers
Platinum Member

Received 119 Likes on 61 Posts

Id kill myself........sounds like you need an enclosed cockpit boat with a spotlight shining on the deck so it looks bright outside!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.