Raw water pumps >

Raw water pumps

Notices

Raw water pumps

Old 06-23-2011, 08:50 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Raw water pumps

Hi to everyone! Got a ?,I have 98 26'sonic prowler,new to me,with 496 ho,bravo drive,getting to many different answers on ( is there a pump- impeller in drive unit) I have no water pick up on bottom of boat& none on transom , I do believe I do have raw water pump on motor , ------- perhaps 2 pumps? Any help would be appreciated ,thanks,
Old 06-24-2011, 07:50 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

You have a raw water pump in the forward lower starboard side of the engine. The impeller needs replaced at least every year or two.

You also have a traditional engine circulation pump on the antifreeze side of your cooling system.

That big tube across the front of your motor is the heat exchanger.

www.bammarine.com to look up the specs on your motor.
Old 06-24-2011, 11:54 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Bravo drives dont have any kind of water pump in them. As mentioned above you have a black plastic waterpump housing on the starboard side of your motor (down low) which houses a rubber impeller which uses suction to pull water thru the drive and into the motor for cooling. As also mentioned above you should replace it at least every 2 years. The rubber impeller can wear out and break apart which can cause overheating. I just replaced mine last weekend. Buy the kit which has a new plastic housing, bolts and rubber impeller.
Old 06-24-2011, 11:59 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by 26 sonic
Hi to everyone! Got a ?,I have 98 26'sonic prowler,new to me,with 496 ho,bravo drive,getting to many different answers on ( is there a pump- impeller in drive unit) I have no water pick up on bottom of boat& none on transom , I do believe I do have raw water pump on motor , ------- perhaps 2 pumps? Any help would be appreciated ,thanks,
I believe this is what your referring to.This is a stainless steel replacement sea pump for your engine. http://www.hardin-marine.com/p-15774...d-502-mag.aspx
Old 06-24-2011, 09:43 PM
Registered

Thumbs up DIY impeller replacement.

http://www.sunsationboats.com/forums...ead.php?t=4779
Old 06-24-2011, 11:10 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

[QUOTE=26 sonic;3437267]) I have no water pick up on bottom of boat& none on transom , I do believe I do have raw water pump on motor , ------- perhaps 2 pumps?QUOTE]

Water pick up is on the drive. Pumps on engine as said.