Where to buy 5.7 Longblock? >

Where to buy 5.7 Longblock?

Notices

Where to buy 5.7 Longblock?

Old 07-01-2011, 02:28 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where to buy 5.7 Longblock?

Blew up a 95 Mercruiser 350. Anyone have good or bad luck with a particular mfg. let me know.
Old 07-01-2011, 04:45 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 224 Likes on 129 Posts

I've bought several from these folks with no issues
http://www.michiganmotorz.com/
Old 07-02-2011, 01:22 AM
Registered

Received 110 Likes on 82 Posts

What blew on it?
Old 07-02-2011, 08:33 PM
Registered

Received 168 Likes on 106 Posts

Originally Posted by 88GW
Blew up a 95 Mercruiser 350. Anyone have good or bad luck with a particular mfg. let me know.

About three years ago my cousin needed a 350 engine for his Fountain, and I was just too darn busy to build one. We got a Mercruiser reman from one of my marina customers and had them install it. It has been running flawlessly for three seasons now and he uses the boat a lot. The price was nowhere near as bad as I thought it would be and the Warranty was great too.

Bill Koustenis
Advanced Automotive Machine
Waldorf Md
Old 07-03-2011, 09:46 AM

Originally Posted by JaayTeee
I've bought several from these folks with no issues
http://www.michiganmotorz.com/
+1

My buddy just got a complete carbed from there early last season. Still going strong
Old 07-04-2011, 01:18 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by BillK

About three years ago my cousin needed a 350 engine for his Fountain, and I was just too darn busy to build one. We got a Mercruiser reman from one of my marina customers and had them install it. It has been running flawlessly for three seasons now and he uses the boat a lot. The price was nowhere near as bad as I thought it would be and the Warranty was great too.

Bill Koustenis
Advanced Automotive Machine
Waldorf Md
ABSOLUTLY WITH BILLK.
YOU CANT GO WRONG WITH MERCRUISER REMAN. LONGBLOCK. WILL COME FROM MERC. WITH OIL, FILTER,OIL PUMP,OIL PAN, VALVE COVERS, TIMING CHAIN COVER AND WATERPUMP.
ON TOP OF THAT ALL MERCS ENGINES ARE HOT TESTED AT THE FACTORY. EVERYONE TAKES FOR GRANTED THAT ALL REMAN ENGINES ARE TESTED BUT HOW ARE THEY TESTED?? MOST COMPANNIES DONT HOT TEST ENGINES AFTER ASSEMBLY. AND WITH A PRICE DIFFERENCE OF ABOUT 300-400 DEPENDING ON YOUR DEALER. ITS A NO BRAINER. IF YOUR NOT INSTALLING IT YOU WILL PAY THAT TO SWAP ALL PARTS OVER TO YOUR NEW LONG BLOCK FROM OLD ONE IF YOU GET SAY, A JASPER LONG BLOCK//