525efi's WON'T START >

525efi's WON'T START

Notices

525efi's WON'T START

Old 07-04-2011, 03:52 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 525efi's WON'T START

I'll try to make this as short as I can. I have twin 525efi's in a 06 42X. Both motors wil not start, all gauges work, fuel pump primes, Smart Craft activates. That's whats happening now. Yesterday I was out both motors start like brand new, they run great for about 30 miles not problem. Come into a no wake zone and I loose the Port motor just shuts down. We tried everything we could out on the lake with the Neutral switch's nothing worked. Idled back to Marina on one motor for about 5 miles, when we got back into the Marina the other motor "Starboard" shuts down. Now I have both motors out, then for some reason I try the Port motor and it starts up like it was brand new. I ready to pull the rest of my Hair Out.

Today I check everything I can and both motors will not start. Once again everything else works. Put new batteries in also. WHAT"S GOING ON !!!!! HELP.

Oh I forgot to add this, when coming into the marina and I started the 1st. motor that quit it started in FORWARD GEAR !!!! Never have I started an OEM motor in GEAR.
Old 07-04-2011, 04:37 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

Look behind your dash. There should be a couple "components" that actually look like relays, but there are fuses in there. I think they are 5 amp. Check those first.

You will also have a couple of relays up on top of the plenum of the engine. There are 2 or 3 of them in a row. I've had to replace a few of those as well.

Last edited by Sydwayz; 07-04-2011 at 04:39 PM.