engine shops >

engine shops

Notices

engine shops

Old 07-06-2011, 05:27 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default engine shops

I'm looking for a VERY Reliable / Knowledgable marine engine shop in the Pittsburgh area or close. Speed
Old 07-08-2011, 08:48 AM
Registered

EDIT - after reading your post, i'm not sure if you're asking for a mechanic or an engine builder....so if you're looking for a builder then my below will help. if not, i'm not real familiar with mechanics in the area as i do ALL my own work (besides machine work). i know fox chapel marine is reputable, but they're price tag is ridiculous. rt 8 marine is very small and i'm not even sure they have a merc/ase certified tech.

i live in allison park, and i had ICS machine over on rochester road (385 Rochester Rd pittsburgh - 412-366-1009) build my merc 454. Bob Bajas is the co-owner there (also Mike is an owner), and is VERY knowledgeable. I find it better to talk to Bob, but Mike is just as knowledgeable, i just find Bob much more personable. he genuinely cares that you get a good motor and is a straight shooter. if you want to cut corners, he'll tell you to take it somewhere else (which i like about him). he won't stamp his name on it if its not right. he knows marine engines and the differences between marine and auto builds. i've also called him from the water with a few small issues that ended up being deficiencies on my part. not sure what his schedule is like this time of year, but i'm sure its pretty full. i dropped it off in mid march of this year, and he had it done by the end of april. runs great and i'm very happy so far, but only have about 10 hrs on it.

Last edited by hondahp4; 07-08-2011 at 08:54 AM.
Old 07-11-2011, 05:54 PM
Registered

Default engine

Thanks, I check it out.