Sea Water pump hoses.. >

Sea Water pump hoses..

Notices

Sea Water pump hoses..

Old 07-18-2011, 10:32 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sea Water pump hoses..

So got both hoses off the pump, and cant remember what hose goes on the top and what one on the bottom..I think the top inlet on the pump goes to the drive..and the bottom goes to the oil cooler..??
Old 07-18-2011, 11:00 AM
Registered

Alot of of older pumps have a small plug on one side, look at the pump and see if there is this plug that could be plumbed to take a hose for a pressurre gauge or something. The side that has the plug is the discharge side.
Old 07-18-2011, 11:50 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

My motors are 1998's, and the top hose is the inlet ( from drive) and bottom is discharge (to cooler). Just like a radiator.

Darrell.
Old 07-18-2011, 01:31 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

If your pump has the bracket in which the pump can be rotated in then it could be either. Mine has the bottom hose going to the pick up. You can disconnect the hose going to the drive and stick the end in a bucket of water and start it. Should empty the bucket real quick.
Old 07-18-2011, 02:02 PM
Registered

Just look at the impeller from the back through the hose holes. Assuming you put a new impeller in while turning the correct direction, look in each hole, and the one where the impeller blades are opening up from being compressed is the intake. The hole where the blades are being compressed is the out to motor hole.