Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
    Registered

2000 Fountain Battery conection ????

Could someone please tell me what the connector is called that feeds the bateries from the cockpit?? I want to purchase an adapter. It is a standard 2000 32 Fountain and this connector is about 3 inches wide and 1 inch tall with 2 spade conectors inside.

Registered
    My Boats:
    96 , cig top gun
    Quote Originally Posted by jbpeterson1 View Post
    Could someone please tell me what the connector is called that feeds the bateries from the cockpit?? I want to purchase an adapter. It is a standard 2000 32 Fountain and this connector is about 3 inches wide and 1 inch tall with 2 spade conectors inside.
    you mean one of the grey rectagular anderson connectors ? if so, every marine store has them... along with every other type if that isn't it.

Platinum Member Platinum Member Too Stroked's Avatar
    My Boats:
    Progression 22 w/ Diamond Marine Mercury 2.5 / 200
    And it's also the exact same connection used on many electric fork lift batteries.

Registered
    My Boats:
    2012 Proboat MG29
    This has been discussed numerous times in the Fountain forum ... you need the Anderson Qucik Connect plug, 175A, for 1AWG - 2AWG wire size. I built another set for a friend last year - bought the parts (plug, wire, clamps) online from genuinedealz dot com (part number GIM-62813 for the connector) and had them assemble the parts. Used their bulk 2 gauge paired/stranded wire and parrot jaw clamps. The finished product looks just like the one's from Fountain at about 1/3 the price.