Gen 4 max bore?? >

Gen 4 max bore??

Notices

Gen 4 max bore??

Old 07-31-2011, 07:31 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by fastestbowtie
I have never liked the idea of crossdrilling cranks... especially since you can get full groove main bearings that accomplish the same thing. I still prefer the 3/4 groove main bearings my self though.
One crank is already done so I will match them accordingly, or it will drive me insane! OCD? Maybe!
Old 08-01-2011, 07:33 PM
Registered

Received 40 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Rookie
This is all I have found. It is an Ultradyne R32/33. Does this make any sense? My R32 #is 252 not 254 though.
Thanks,
Jason
What I'm looking for are the .200 lift duration numbers. The intake lobe is 168 and the exhaust is 177. That's not a super aggressive solid roller. I have run much more aggressive hydraulics. So, to answer your question, I don't see a problem with running a set of high rpm Morels with that cam.
Hope this helps. Sorry for the hijack.
Eddie
Old 08-03-2011, 11:06 PM
Registered

No problem Eddie.. They did the sonic today and .70 is the overbore. Not enough there to be comfortable with the .100 over. Not a big deal.
Old 08-03-2011, 11:48 PM
Registered

Not to high jack the thread but is 190 at .200 super aggressive.

Originally Posted by Young Performance
What I'm looking for are the .200 lift duration numbers. The intake lobe is 168 and the exhaust is 177. That's not a super aggressive solid roller. I have run much more aggressive hydraulics. So, to answer your question, I don't see a problem with running a set of high rpm Morels with that cam.
Hope this helps. Sorry for the hijack.
Eddie
Old 08-04-2011, 11:57 AM
MarineKinetics
Platinum Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Rookie,
It would be prudent to reconsider the use of a hydraulic roller lifter on this lobe combination as there are significant consequences in doing so. The Ultradyne R-32/R33 have a major intensity of 36º, and a_ .200” number of 168º/177º respectively. These are Harold’s original design, standard lash (.026’-.030”) solid roller profiles. Regardless of the fact they are slower ramp designs, this has no bearing on the ability to exploit the use of hydraulic roller tappets. In this case the lash ramp is ultimately what prohibits the use of hydraulic rollers on these lobes.
Hydraulic roller and TL solid roller lobes are designed with lash points of .004”-.006” (the measure of actual seat duration). A TL solid roller runs ~ .010” hot lash. When the rocker ratio is factored out that equates to .0058888”, or the equivalent of the hydraulic roller lobe. The UD solid roller lobes were designed with a wide lash ramp of .026’-.030”, or .0165” prior to lash. That is a take-up ramp nearly 3 times higher that of the HR profiles. That places the rated duration (seat duration) of these lobes @ .020”. It is this design feature that prohibits the use hydraulic roller lifters.

Exchanging hydraulic roller/solid roller lifters is not uncommon, on hydraulic roller or TIGHT lash solid roller lobe profiles only. The use of hydraulic rollers tappets on a wide lash roller results in huge increases in seat duration. The consequences negatively impact vacuum, idle quality and result in huge decreases in low/mid range torque. On the top end you would run out of lobe prior to reaching a RPM band that could begin to overcome the effects of the increases in seat duration.
Bob
Old 08-09-2011, 08:50 PM
Registered

Now it is getting out of hand and in the wallet. Two b&m 250 on the way and on the hunt for chillers. So this route only cost me a little more for the diamond pistons,low low comp, and a lot more for 2 sets callies rods, and valves, oh yea and rings, opps forgot the fuel pump,.... gaskets but those are cheap. Well at least it should be good on fuel...... not, still waiting for obama's oil reserve deal to lower the fuel costs.

In all seriousness, what do you guys think about quick fuel carbs?Has 4 750 Holleys and I am thinking that may be a bit much.
Boy I can't wait to get it out on Lake Superior in October with a big noreaster.. YEEEE HAAAAW
Also looking for a hook up for good deal on a winter coat or a nice beany.
Old 08-10-2011, 02:33 PM
Registered

Received 1,206 Likes on 579 Posts

Originally Posted by rmbuilder
Rookie,
It would be prudent to reconsider the use of a hydraulic roller lifter on this lobe combination as there are significant consequences in doing so.
Bob
Thanks for the information. I have relatively new Isky Red Zones so I guess I would not be changing them out soon. And at the cost of new high quality lifters I think I will run these as long as I can. I was just curious as to the options when I need to replace them. I guess when the time comes I will just swap out the cams and lifters all in one exchange.

kneeslider74, sorry for the high jack. Just to bring this somewhat on track one of my 454's is 0.070" over. I have been looking at BadCompany's blower for a few months and almost pulled the trigger on them. You got a great deal on them. If I got them I would have searched for a single Dominator adapter for each and then sold the 4 carbs to offset the cost.
For your blower needs these guys are great to work with and prices are very reasonable!
Good Luck
http://www.dmpeinc.com/superchargers/
Old 08-10-2011, 10:15 PM
Registered

Rook, I am thinking about the same thing, along with some chillers. I am looking into Quick Fuel as an option also. Not sure though. The guy that sold them was a great guy and no B/S at all. I talked to a guy out east last night, and he has a pair for sale also. PM me with your budget $'s or phone and I will pass it on if you would like. Maybe you can get them for less than I did. This will end up being a decent deal overall as long as I can spen a weekend or two in the apposles. Was swimming at Devils Island the other day and really want to do some camping out there. That link shows off some sick milling! If you herar of a set of doms for sale let me know.
Thanks