Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
    Registered
    My Boats:
    2000 Sleekcraft 30 S.S.

Rebuild kit for 9780s carburator.

Just wondering if someone knows a number for a rebuild kit that will work for this carb that I can buy in a auto parts store. It is a weber <---(i think no name at least that i found) 9780s carb, it is on a 1997 scarab 22 454

Registered
    My Boats:
    1987 chriscraft Scorpion 230
    there should ba a metal tag on one of the top screws on carb to identify it. also most kits cover a certain range of carb#s when rebuilding make sure to match the holes on the new gaskets with the old gaskets

Registered
    My Boats:
    77 donzi x18 92 formula 336 sr1

Fixx

summit racing,,just get the edelbrock marine carb rebuilding kit,,all the parts are the same..

Registered
    My Boats:
    2000 Sleekcraft 30 S.S.
    there should ba a metal tag on one of the top screws on carb to identify it. also most kits cover a certain range of carb#s when rebuilding make sure to match the holes on the new gaskets with the old gaskets
    I did there wasn't a metal tag on this carb
    summit racing,,just get the edelbrock marine carb rebuilding kit,,all the parts are the same..
    Cool thanks I really appreciate that, it beats 120 bucks for a few gaskets and jets.

Registered
    My Boats:
    2000 Sleekcraft 30 S.S.
    One more question should i just buy a re-manufactured edelbrock 1410 750cfm for $239 or is the carb I got on it now just as good with a good rebuild.

For the rebuild on mine is this the right one to buy
    http://www.summitracing.com/parts/EDL-1477/?rtype=10

Registered
    My Boats:

Fixx

Quote Originally Posted by Ufoman420 View Post
    One more question should i just buy a re-manufactured edelbrock 1410 750cfm for $239 or is the carb I got on it now just as good with a good rebuild.

For the rebuild on mine is this the right one to buy
    http://www.summitracing.com/parts/EDL-1477/?rtype=10
    i would just rebuild what you have,,who knows what merc did to them to get them to run on your engine..If it seems like your boat has no upper rpm power then its probably the screens that go into the needle and seats,,they get pluged up with sediment from the fuel..

Registered
    My Boats:
    2000 Sleekcraft 30 S.S.
    Well the problem I'm having after my last trip out the carb is flooding. If I let it idle for 10 min to warm up then take off it dies out then its hard to start then when I get it cleared out a big amour of black smoke comes out. I changed plugs, plug wires, rotor, cleaned cap, and added a second strike ignition box to help with higher rpm spark. I have a good felling the carb is just not mixing enough air with the fuel. I'm lacking take off power and when cruising at 3000 rpm it sounds like 2 cylinders quit working untill I open it up again it goes away.

Registered
    My Boats:
    2000 Sleekcraft 30 S.S.
    Is the rebuild kit I posted the link for the right one?

Registered
    My Boats:

Fixx

Quote Originally Posted by Ufoman420 View Post
    Is the rebuild kit I posted the link for the right one?
    dont know 750 cfm carb kit is what you need. i think their kit does both 650 and 750

from look at the part brake down it looks the same as the internal parts of the webber..
    Last edited by FIXX; 08-08-2011 at 04:38 PM.

Registered
    My Boats:
    2000 Sleekcraft 30 S.S.
    thanks, i called a carb shop, their kit has everything in there for most of the carb's it should be good thanks.