Muffler help needed >

Muffler help needed

Notices

Muffler help needed

Old 08-13-2011, 08:41 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Muffler help needed

I just purchased a 32' sunsation with twin 497 ho's with CMI headers. And i have to get the nosie level under 90db at idle to be legal on lake george, so heres my question, should i do inline, clampon or transom mount. Right now i like the way it look it has 4" inside then 5" tips on out side. So inline might be cool. But i would have to cut stainless extensions inside. I will do it butseems like alot of work, but i could keep the 5" outside look. Second question is which brand? First concern is, i dont want power loss and second would be price. The ones i have looked online at are. CMI(which i here have power loss), Corsa, Gibson(large), Keith Ekerert(like those the best so far not sure whos they are), Lavorsi, Hardin Marine, Borla.
Ya holy cow which ones will cut my DB's down and not loose power for a good price...
Old 08-13-2011, 10:09 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i have 2 sets of slip in Hardin silencers that have never been used. They should work for you. Not supposed to lose power. Let me know if your interested.
Old 08-13-2011, 10:17 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Wink

Any performance boater who needs quality stainless mufflers that really work and do not seem to cost any power needs to talk to Aqua Power Ltd. I have now referred about 4-5 customers and they all call back or email and talk about how well they are made, how well they work. I really like it when a product is the "Real Deal"
www.aquapowerltd.com

Best Regards,
Ray @ Raylar
Old 08-13-2011, 11:01 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Raylar
Any performance boater who needs quality stainless mufflers that really work and do not seem to cost any power needs to talk to Aqua Power Ltd. I have now referred about 4-5 customers and they all call back or email and talk about how well they are made, how well they work. I really like it when a product is the "Real Deal"
www.aquapowerltd.com
Best Regards,
Ray @ Raylar
Thanks Ray ill take a look, what do u think the best is clamp on or inline for what i want

Last edited by Whassup; 08-13-2011 at 11:33 AM.
Old 08-13-2011, 01:44 PM
Registered

Received 40 Likes on 16 Posts

I have used quite a few GGB mufflers in the past and was really pleased with them. I installed a couple sets on my 750's and had no speed loss. They really quited the engines down. The customer was very happy. I like to hear the noise, but I know it's not always possible.
They aren't cheap, but are very well built. They have a transom mount that takes the place of the tip. I believe they are either 5 or 6" diameter, so that may work if you like the larger look. I don't remember exactly since it has been a while. Check them out.
Eddie
Old 08-13-2011, 09:52 PM
Registered

Thanks for the info, really am leaning toward an inline muffler style. I really love that 5" out the back.