cheap prop vs expensive prop >

cheap prop vs expensive prop

Notices

cheap prop vs expensive prop

Old 08-14-2011, 08:16 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default cheap prop vs expensive prop

im looking for a prop for mt 22 ft BBC pachanga. is there enough performance difference between a 300 dollar apollo and a 600 dollar fancy prop to make it worth spending the extra coin?
Old 08-14-2011, 08:38 PM
Registered

look in the classifieds you can usally find a good bravo 1 prop for around 300-350$
Old 08-14-2011, 08:43 PM
Registered

Location: Omaha, Nebraska. Boat on the Mighty Mo! Longest river in the USA!
Received 37 Likes on 23 Posts

My first P22 stock engine the best prop is a Mirage Plus 23. Yes a labbed prop from BBLADES is the cheapest investment and worth the money. Brett did a great job on mine when I had a 496. I picked up 3 MPH and would do 75 on GPS.
Old 08-15-2011, 06:58 AM
Registered

Default Good Option!!

Originally Posted by biobob
im looking for a prop for mt 22 ft BBC pachanga. is there enough performance difference between a 300 dollar apollo and a 600 dollar fancy prop to make it worth spending the extra coin?
Many do not know that there are identical versions of Mercury Props at a lower cost. They are sold under the Quicksilver label from Mercury.
They are nearly half the price of the mercury version and are exactly the same prop.

The reason for this is because only Mercury Service Centers are authorized to sell Mercury Props. Quicksilver Props can purchased at marine retail outlets.

Examples:

Mercury Mirage - Quicksilver Thunderbolt
Mercury Laser II - Quicksilver Lightspeed
Old 08-15-2011, 08:18 AM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by TEXASRPM
Many do not know that there are identical versions of Mercury Props at a lower cost. They are sold under the Quicksilver label from Mercury.
They are nearly half the price of the mercury version and are exactly the same prop.

The reason for this is because only Mercury Service Centers are authorized to sell Mercury Props. Quicksilver Props can purchased at marine retail outlets.

Examples:

I was told that the Quicksilver props had much looser tolerances. Meaning some were better than others.
Old 08-15-2011, 08:24 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 122 Likes on 77 Posts

Just buy a used Bravo 1 or Mirage+ and call it done. There's tons of them available.
Old 08-15-2011, 08:30 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TEXASRPM

Examples:

Do you have a 100% confirmation on this??? Also, the Thunderbolt cost's 457$ and the Mirage+ costs 499$. A Lightspeed is 350$ and the LaserII is 465$. Not alot to save + the Thunderbolt only goes to 23". Is the quality of the steel the same? Is balance and pitch, rake, camber tolerances, fit'n'finish ect. the same?

Brett, any thoughts on this?
Old 08-15-2011, 09:00 PM
Registered

Default Here is Some info

Originally Posted by A.O. Razor
Do you have a 100% confirmation on this??? Also, the Thunderbolt cost's 457$ and the Mirage+ costs 499$. A Lightspeed is 350$ and the LaserII is 465$. Not alot to save + the Thunderbolt only goes to 23". Is the quality of the steel the same? Is balance and pitch, rake, camber tolerances, fit'n'finish ect. the same?

I feel the price on the Thunderbolt/Mirage Plus $365 is a great value compared to a new Mercury Mirage Plus which I believe will cost new around $500.

http://www.dansdiscountprops.com/Buy...#QuicksilverSS

My own opinion is that identical specs on these props will not equate into any great mph performance differences. Remember 21' and 23' pitch props are generally going to run on Alpha One or Bravo One with mild HP ranging from 270hp to 425 on production motors.

Remember some folks are limited on funds and this may help with costs?

http://www.qsprops.com/browse/

Thanks
Old 08-15-2011, 09:54 PM
Registered
Gold Member

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by A.O. Razor

i posted about this some time back in the props section and this is what i learned. they are the same except for the quality control, pitch sizing, and the quicksilvers dont come with hub kits. depending on your budget and needs it may be a good deal, just depends on the individual situation. id say the quick silvers would be good for the average joe just out for a good time but the speed and performance guy will propbably want to opt for the mercury instead.
Old 08-16-2011, 03:53 AM
Registered

There's tons of them available.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.