Small Block CMI Headers >

Small Block CMI Headers

Notices

Small Block CMI Headers

Old 09-26-2011, 10:25 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Small Block CMI Headers

Anybody tried the new headers from CMI for the small block 350 Chevy? Mine is a VP. How much work will it be or are they a direct replacement??? Is there much HP gain?
Old 09-28-2011, 10:10 PM
Registered

No ones tried these??
Old 09-28-2011, 10:18 PM
SB
Registered

Received 3,115 Likes on 1,402 Posts

I believe why is that they are relatively new and there are far less #'s of small block people spending $$$ vs the Big Block people.

That said, I know many that have run the Stainless Marine and Eddie Marine sbc systems. Also those with GLM's although most have welded extensions to the inner pipe to keep out of reversion.
Old 09-29-2011, 04:51 AM
Registered

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts

I've got two friends running CMI small block headers. One on a 26 Sutphen the other a Donzi 28ZX. My bud with the Sutphen had installed them on his twin 350 Mags (with intentions to upgrade power the following season) Stock motors saw no improvement at all. Both boats are now 383 powered and run very well.

...If you're looking for an exhaust upgrade, I've got a pair of Gil manifolds/risers ) fully separated chambers, that are very close to new condition. The factory 'Gil Coat" is perfect. 1000.00

Kurt
Old 09-29-2011, 07:25 AM
Registered

I've got Stainless Marine now CMI didnt have the new E-tops out for the SB when I got them was just wondering if others have played with the CMI's, they would look good on my set-up, prolly wouldnt gain much if any but the bling factor. Motor is a Whippled 383 with 595HP