Underwater LED >

Underwater LED

Notices

Underwater LED

Old 10-02-2011, 01:37 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Underwater LED

I have a 24ft Outlaw and I am thinking of adding underwater LED lights. I know the Ocean LED are supposed to be very good, but, there are a pile of manufactures. Any idea how many would be needed for a boat my size? Are the rect. style better than the round ones? I boat mainly in the St Lawrence River and its pretty murky. I have also seen LED's that mount on the trim tabs, anyone tried them?

All input appreciated! (-:

Michael
Old 10-02-2011, 01:20 PM
Registered

Anyone???
Old 10-02-2011, 07:57 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I used the Ocean LED and i'm very happy with them. I used two six light AMP rectangular style on each side of the drive down low. I then used two three light above each trim tab. The reflection at idle is very bright. But on plane the lighting is truly awesome. They completely glow the wake for at least 50'
Old 10-03-2011, 08:43 PM
Registered

Check out Shadow-Casters, uber bright and nicely made. There are several old posts about LEDs, do some digging for more info.
Old 10-04-2011, 01:13 AM
Registered

I checked out Shadow Casters, but, no prices? If anyone on here "Deals" in Underwater LED's let me know, I do like the Shadow Casters, they look REALLY well made, thanks for the Tip!

Michael
Old 10-04-2011, 02:32 AM
Registered

Basically The underwater lighting is available in the equator, Conus, convex plate series and is designed to use the latest LED lighting technology. Series equator is another world first is a compact ultra-thin LED underwater light with integrated driver. The most important feature is that it can be installed on the stern and both sides of the hull below the waterline. The thickness is only 9 mm, and install the maximum equator. diameter hole in the hull is 8 mm.The light is already patented and registered design to the Office for Harmonization in the Internal Market (OHIM). The final colored version of the series equator can change the color of the light manually or automatically by the specter of the whole arc. Design the most advanced electronics with built-in microprocessor enables the network connection and simple control of the entire group of lights dimming.
Old 10-04-2011, 02:55 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Irvinglu86
Basically The underwater lighting is available in the equator, Conus, convex plate series and is designed to use the latest LED lighting technology. Series equator is another world first is a compact ultra-thin LED underwater light with integrated driver. The most important feature is that it can be installed on the stern and both sides of the hull below the waterline. The thickness is only 9 mm, and install the maximum equator. diameter hole in the hull is 8 mm.The light is already patented and registered design to the Office for Harmonization in the Internal Market (OHIM). The final colored version of the series equator can change the color of the light manually or automatically by the specter of the whole arc. Design the most advanced electronics with built-in microprocessor enables the network connection and simple control of the entire group of lights dimming.
I googled the LED's and they look impressive to say the least, unfortunately I assume the price will reflect that. Are you a dealer? Can you direct me to one? Thanks for the info they look VERY nice!

Michael
Old 10-28-2011, 06:49 AM
Registered

If the your St. Lawrence is as murky as the St. Johns I boat on, underwater lighting is all but useless. I'd say at a minimum double the number the lights you think you might need.
Old 10-28-2011, 07:16 AM
Registered

Default Lumitec

Ok I went through the samething you are, then I found these. 1st all you need is a 5/16" hole through the hull and a 1/2" pilot hole. You can get this set up 3 lights in White/ Blue/ or White-Blue and put them in yourself for under $900. This pic is at Bonnie Castle with "Blue" on. I can get you these if you would like, we are a dealer Thanks and good luck.
Attached Thumbnails Underwater LED-leds.jpg  
Old 10-28-2011, 07:48 AM
Registered

Bought a few of these. Not a huge company but they are made from S.S. and bright, great pricing too.

http://h2olights.com/

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.