need only 1-2 mph  quickly..(help) >

need only 1-2 mph quickly..(help)

Notices

need only 1-2 mph quickly..(help)

Old 10-15-2011, 04:03 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Thunderstruck27
Here's a current thread where a guy picked-up 2/3 mph that you may want to look into. Seems kinda off the wall to me, but it won't hurt to read it.
http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/g...-skeguard.html
Funny you brought this up.. When I bought this boat a few years back it had a set of these on there.. It was the first thing I took off cause they looked stupid..Huuuhhhh, could it be someone knew something I didn't.. I may need to give them a whirl.
Old 10-15-2011, 04:04 AM
Registered

Toe in or toe out on the drives

I thought about checking the toe in or out. But unsure what the setting should be,, may need to flop over to the Formula thread.
Old 10-15-2011, 10:27 AM
Registered

Received 19 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by silent lucidity
I thought about checking the toe in or out. But unsure what the setting should be,, may need to flop over to the Formula thread.
I found the best performance in speed and handling running straight to slightly toe in (1/8" max). This should be checked with the drives trimmed neutral (prop shafts parallel to the bottom of the hull). I'm running my props turning out (starboard prop turning clockwise and port prop counter-clockwise looking from the rear).
Old 10-15-2011, 10:28 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by wannabe
Run a duct from the engine hatch intake directly to your air intake and seal it off so you only take in cold air for the engines. Add a can of octane booster also.

You will pick up some hp there.

Next give Bblades a call.

Wannabe
higher octane actually has a SLOWER burn rate, if your engine doesnt have high enough compression to warrant the higher octane it will actually SLOW your boat/car down to have it .

All higher octane is for is to slow the burn rate to quell preignition in higher compression enegines. even some higher compression enegines bleed off enough pressure with big cams not to need high octane fuels, this isnt likely in boats due to the lack of overlap needed in boat cams.

if you want to be faster run higher ratio roller rockers for more cam lift,( rocker ratio changes dont change duration) throw as much timing at it as it will take, then you may need octane booster, if all else fails call old sneeky pete!!!

octane booster may ocassionallly help an EFI engine thats pulling timing due to low octane so in that instance it would help
Old 10-15-2011, 10:42 PM
Registered

Received 121 Likes on 39 Posts

All you need is a can of cool whip.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hi_pr-kIlmk[/YOUTUBE]
Old 10-16-2011, 03:31 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

did you ever say what exhaust your running?
Old 10-17-2011, 09:23 PM
Charter Member#157
Charter Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

if you have a power hatch, crack it open while running.

Getting more air into the engine is quick easy and cheap
I did this when I first bought my Cat. Picked up a few hundred r's and more speed.
Ended up having scoops installed.
Old 10-17-2011, 09:48 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default fixx

Fog the engine compartment with nos,that will wake it up.we do it to our snomobiles in the winter and its good for 10 mph...
Old 10-18-2011, 06:58 AM
Registered

If you are spinning the props out try spinning them in. That worked wonders on my boat.
Old 10-18-2011, 07:35 AM
Registered

Received 398 Likes on 229 Posts

+2 on the nose cones. I added a Hydromotive nose cone to my B1 and it made a difference in handling and prop bite. I couldn't trim my Bravo 4 blade at all before the nose cone and it would break out, now I can trim it out as far as I like. It improved my handling too, best thing I did.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.