Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > General Q & A
Drew Marine Steering Stabilizers >

Drew Marine Steering Stabilizers

Notices

Drew Marine Steering Stabilizers

Old 06-12-2002, 11:21 AM
MIKE S

Question Drew Marine Steering Stabilizers

Has anyone used or know if the Drew marine steering stabilizers work?

Old 06-12-2002, 11:57 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yes....a waste if u r paying for them!..a huge band-aid
Old 06-12-2002, 03:14 PM
DJW
Registered

Nice reply Audacity, maybe this member has a family performance boat that runs under 70 mph and would like some extra steering stabilization. Maybe he can't afford 3-4 K for hydralic right now. Not everyone is a weekend warrior racer. If there is a problem with the product, please explain it. The man is looking for someone with real experience with the product. He didn't ask you to treat him like an IDIOT!!!!
Old 06-12-2002, 03:31 PM
Registered

i'm NOT a "weekend warrior racer" by any means! and YES i have tested the product very early on! ....where they help is on a very worn drive....the part to correct that are far cheaper than the aftermarket band-aid....and if you had the $$$ to go 65+mph then you had the money for the steering...people are so concerned with how fast they go and not how well they go fast! it's just like they have all $$ to put into an engine and then not have 500 bucks to dial it in on a dyno...then cry it's not what i expected...

grab the drive when it's out of the water a look for the relationship between the drive and wheel...

by the way i have one i tested....i guess it's for sale....but like i said...fix the real issue at hand.

by the way we run 2 on our inflatable ob race boat...they are from a budget auto parts place at 15 or so bucks each...we toss 'em when they look like ****!....
Old 06-12-2002, 04:35 PM
DJW
Registered

NOW THAT IS THE INFORMATIVE ANSWER YOU SHOULD HAVE GIVEN IN THE FIRST PLACE. Your original reply just seemed alittle harsh. If they offer no safety value than maybe I can understand why you were so hard on the product. From reading their ad, one would think it could be a good low cost addition.
Old 06-12-2002, 05:06 PM
Registered

Default I ve tried

waste of money and time.
they get rust after a month.I ve actually seen NO advantage of them.personally dont advice them at all.
dual system is around 800usd as I remember, you can go and install steering damper from a k-5 blazer for 10-15 usd . they are same parts.
Old 06-12-2002, 05:34 PM
MIKE S

Thanks for all the info. I am familiar with the imco steering systems and the wpm systems. I was not familiar with the drew marine system and was just looking for some info on them. I will probably go with the wpm single ram steering. I think it is a pretty good add on for around $1500. I run a 1996 22" velocity. Current speed at 70.7mph on radar. I am definitly going to be needing hydraulic steering as I am planning to drop in a 500hp after this summer.

Old 06-12-2002, 05:46 PM
Registered

Default exactly!

have a friend runnin around 100 mph's with single 650hp on a cat with 5 drive.has only one piston-hydraulic system for 3 years and have no problems.