Notices

Sidemount whipple question

Old 10-24-2011, 02:43 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sidemount whipple question

I have a 502 mag mpi with cmi etops.
Will a side mount whipple fit with the exhaust? And is this a half decent supercharger for the money?
Price is $1500 complete with only about 30 hours on it.
Just looking for some feedback before I buy it

Thanks
Old 10-24-2011, 06:55 PM
Registered

i have a sidemount on a 454 mag with emi thunders.. The clearance is tight but they do fit. I think its a great kit and you can really notice the power difference. I did the install myself with the help of a few friends so let me know if you have any questions.. Winkman!
Old 10-24-2011, 08:48 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

E-Top's and 2.3 sidemount kit fit together great
Old 10-24-2011, 10:19 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

I've been researching some old threads on the topic, and it seems most folks are using Young Performance or Tyler Crockett for their tuning............ being in Denver neither one of them is close. Any recommendations? Can I send my ECM in to them to have it reprogrammed based on known similarities with other engine builds? or do you have to dyno tune/ on water tune? Anybody close to Colorado that knows what they are doing on these?
Old 10-24-2011, 11:23 PM
Registered

Received 40 Likes on 16 Posts

Give me a shout when you get a chance. There are a few things that need to be done depending on exactly which engine you have. We have done more than a few sidemounts. We have done 5 of them in the last year. There seems to be a big resurrgence in them recently.
There are a few different fuel rails depending on the year of your engine. As long as you do it right the first time, you will have a very reliable piece making 625-650 hp. The little blower will really wake that engine up.
Eddie
615-216-7449
Old 10-25-2011, 03:15 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Eddie, thanks for taking the time to talk with me this morning, I look forward to building a nice setup with you!
Old 10-25-2011, 06:32 PM
Joe
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dont want to steal your thread High and Dry but i have a Question about them too. I have a line on a pair of side mounts, there on a cat, my question is will they fit on a V with an 8' beam there 500 efis with CMI e tops......thanks for any help......Joe
Old 10-25-2011, 08:06 PM
Registered

They are made to work with a 454/502 Mag. They are called side mounts because they mount up on the side of the intake. The Mag engines have the throttle body up on the front corner of the intake. Your 500 efi's have the throttle body in the center of the intake. You really need a 3.3 Liter top mount.
Eddie
Old 10-25-2011, 08:07 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by high&Dry
Eddie, thanks for taking the time to talk with me this morning, I look forward to building a nice setup with you!
It was great speaking with you as well. I look forward to it. I think you will be pleasantly surprised with the power increase. Talk soon.
Eddie
Old 10-25-2011, 09:12 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

My sidemounts made my 29 haul a$$! My best advice is to ditch the stock Mercruiser throttle body & put on a real throttle body if you are looking to make power.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.