Nosecone test >

Nosecone test

Notices

Nosecone test

Old 11-07-2011, 10:34 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Thunderstruck
Notched transome stock Bravo 1's. Went from carb 500 hp to 585 hp. Ran 81 with 500 HPs at 5250 at 10% slip (B1 28 Pitch props). Ran 86 with 585 hp at 5500 rppm with 30 pitch B1 labbed or stock. Slip went from 10 to 16%. Nose cones brought slip back down to 10 and only lost 50 rpm and speed went to 91. Now the labbed props are faster than the stock props as they should be. Amazing difference in performance. Went to run the boat after installing the cones looked down and was passing through 89.

I think the benefit of cones is highly dependent on the application, hull, speed etc.
Sounds like your running great! My buddy has the same boat no cones and is running 95 GPS @ 20% slip. I was hoping you didn't have a notch so I could get an idea. So far I've seen 87.5 with almost 600 rpm to go. I have a straight V. My boats almost the same but a foot longer. Just don't have the loot to play around with boxes and chit that might not work...