Outer transom water hose leaking >

Outer transom water hose leaking

Notices

Outer transom water hose leaking

Old 11-05-2011, 08:00 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Outer transom water hose leaking

at the transom side. The Bravo shop manual shows tapered inserts at each end. We got this boat in pieces literally, and finally got it to the ramp today. Ran great on the hose, through a flush fitting of course. Wouldn't move water at the ramp.

Back to the house and backflush through the drive, see water pouring from right side of transom assembly, up top. I'm feeling like I got kicked in the nuts thinking that I missed the insert on the transom side. I didn't know they're in there, but of course I was good enough to make sure we put a new neck on the inside.

It looks like pulling the engine is only reasonable way to get in there. Any other thoughts on what to look for beforehand? And I'm guessing that if I find the hose is cracked/broken/??? that means drive and bellhousing removal?

I'm gonna puke....4 months trying to get this thing put back together.
Old 11-05-2011, 08:10 PM
Registered

Received 40 Likes on 16 Posts

It really depends on the boat as to accessibility to the inside insert. The one on the inside is just like the one on the outside. Pull the water neck and try to get to it before you just pull the engine. You might just be able to move some things around on the rear of the engine to give you a little more room to work. You can do it all from the inside and not have to remove the drive and bell housing if the hose is in good shape and you just need to replace the insert. Good luck.
Eddie
Old 11-05-2011, 09:10 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 770 Likes on 352 Posts

Mine were corroded into the housings - I basically had to drill out the inserts because the special tool for the insert just stripped out the insert.

If you're adept at pulling the engine I would jsut go ahead and do that and save yourself the hassle of trying to do it with the engine in. I think it would be hell trying to get to that thing with the engine in, and that is assumign it comes off - mine would never have come off.

Not trying to be negative, just realistic. Hopefully it works out for you!!