Lamborghini Marine Engine Parts >

Lamborghini Marine Engine Parts

Notices

Lamborghini Marine Engine Parts

Old 11-10-2011, 11:25 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lamborghini Marine Engine Parts

Been kicking around the idea of buying a pair of Lamborghini marine engines.

I have an older Lamborghini car and am familiar to the odd hit or miss aspect of Lamborghini part availability.

When asking about part availability for the marine engines it goes like this....
Me: "Are Parts Available?"
Seller: "Yes, parts are available."
Me: "Where?"
Seller: "Not sure, but they are available."
Me: "Yes, but who sells them? I can find nothing."
Seller: "Try Lamborghini or the internet."

Lamborghini shut the marine division down ages ago. I heard tooling and spares were bought up by the teams. Everyone seems to think parts are available,but no one seems to know where.

Does anyone here know where to get parts for a Lamborghini marine engine? Specifically the L804. The engines I have found need rebuilding, but I can not find a source for gaskets, seals, or anything else for that matter.

Any leads or info would be greatly appreciated!

Chris
Old 11-10-2011, 11:58 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Victory team took up the whole tooling and assembly line, but you might find crankseals, pistonrings and bearings being off the shelf parts. You just have to have access to a good machinist and do some searching and measuring.
They are all metric, I could help you some, being a former machinist.
Be forewarned the gasket kit might be pricey...they were and arm and a leg for Isotta Fraschini and Seatek diesels and almost everything from Italy.
Personally I would love to have an "empty/used up" long block with injection as a glasstable stand at home

Last edited by MikeyFIN; 11-10-2011 at 12:12 PM.
Old 11-10-2011, 12:53 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by MikeyFIN
Victory team took up the whole tooling and assembly line, but you might find crankseals, pistonrings and bearings being off the shelf parts. You just have to have access to a good machinist and do some searching and measuring.
They are all metric, I could help you some, being a former machinist.
Be forewarned the gasket kit might be pricey...they were and arm and a leg for Isotta Fraschini and Seatek diesels and almost everything from Italy.
Personally I would love to have an "empty/used up" long block with injection as a glasstable stand at home
How realistic is it to have gaskets made? I know several places out there will make gaskets for old cars. The compression on the marine engines is about what the cars are. Is there more to it that I am missing, or would that be a possibility?
Old 11-10-2011, 01:40 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You have something in there.. multilayer metal gaskets or copper headgaskets could be an option.. but they are prone to leaks also ..mostly outside the block but once you get them tight they will stay there "forever". Intake gaskets and non-pressurized places where gaskets are used can often be made even by yourself if you have blank gasket sheets. But a lot of trial and error there
Old 11-11-2011, 02:41 PM
Registered

Most of the advice I am getting is that I really need a rebuild kit.

Which leads me back to "WHERE?"

If I could source a rebuild kit, it would make those Lamborghini engines far more attractive. I would like to avoid fabricating a big batch of parts. As much as I like those engines, it would become too big of a project to be reasonable.
Old 11-12-2011, 04:38 AM
Registered

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts

You might want to track down Bill Dahl of Peoria IL, he's got a lot of Mercruiser/Lambo parts. Bill has been running Lambo power in his 39 Sutphen for years. Good guy.

Kurt
Old 11-12-2011, 07:32 AM
Registered

Try Lamborghini or the internet.

(sorry, couldn't resist it).

Pesky Varmint
(heck, I can't find parts for Wiend 256 blowers)
Old 11-14-2011, 07:21 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Pesky Varmint
Try Lamborghini or the internet.

(sorry, couldn't resist it).

Pesky Varmint
(heck, I can't find parts for Wiend 256 blowers)
Ha!

I have been digging for days and got the rundown from a long time Lamborghini shop and Mechanic. He tells me that when talking to the Lamborghini factory guys, they told him that the marine division was separate, and the car company has nothing from the marine division. In short Lamborghini is a dead end. He also contacted Mercury, and was told by them that Mercury no longer has anything for the Lamborghini engines. According to him, Mercury is a dead end as well.

I will see if I can track down Bill Dahl of Peoria IL.

Thanks
Old 07-03-2012, 12:30 PM
Registered

Did you ever manage to track down Bill Dahl?
I have a guy in Europe who is looking for parts for 2 Lamborghini Engines.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 10-07-2012, 06:23 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I know this is an old post but if youre still looking to get ahold of Bill, the shop number is 309-699-5331(Performance Boats East Peoria).PM me and i can give you his cell

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.