need an oil cooler??? >

need an oil cooler???

Notices

need an oil cooler???

Old 11-19-2011, 01:34 AM
Charter Member #394
Charter Member

Received 32 Likes on 16 Posts

Yes - "The plug above the oil filter mount goes into the main oil gallery; you will be reading the temp of the oil after it has returned from the filter and coolers. You need to see about 180 in this location."
Old 11-19-2011, 08:18 AM
Registered

Received 71 Likes on 39 Posts

If you wanna get fancy, you can wire a temp sensor above the oil filter pad(after cooler) and another one say at the filter head(before cooler, if plumbed that way). Run the sender wires from both senders to a toggle selector switch, then one wire to your temp gauge. This way you can check oil temp before and after the cooler by flipping a switch.
Old 11-20-2011, 01:01 PM
Registered

Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by MILD THUNDER
If you wanna get fancy, you can wire a temp sensor above the oil filter pad(after cooler) and another one say at the filter head(before cooler, if plumbed that way). Run the sender wires from both senders to a toggle selector switch, then one wire to your temp gauge. This way you can check oil temp before and after the cooler by flipping a switch.
thats a cool idea! i may do that......since i already have one...id just have to put in another sender.....

thanks foro all the info and advice fellas