Hydrolic Steering question >

Hydrolic Steering question

Notices

Hydrolic Steering question

Old 11-14-2011, 01:54 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by swan2
My boat has a great bottom its padded and has a notched transome and is a twin step hull. With the procharger I have been running strong all summer long with no no no issues. It has the cable steering and works good until about upper 70s on gps speedo. Then it starts the chime walking pretty good. Thats why Im wanting to install the full hydraulic system. Im just asking if this system is ordered is it pretty straight forward to install at home and do it myself. Thanks for the help.
It is pretty straight forward, it's not rocket science. That being said, I think you should call the manufacture, that being Latham, IMCO or whoever and explain your setup in every detail. Then they should be able to set you up with everything you need. Whatever you do, get full hydraulic steering on it. Running at those speeds without, is just plane jane stupid and asking for an accident.
Old 11-14-2011, 03:20 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A.O. Razor thanks for the reply thats exactly what I was trying to find out. Thanks for the help all you guys that are replying. All you guys on this web sight are the reason us little guys pay to have a membership. You all help way way more than you would ever know when questions are asked.