MegaBlower Pulley setup questions >

MegaBlower Pulley setup questions

Notices

MegaBlower Pulley setup questions

Old 11-12-2011, 04:25 PM
Registered

Received 71 Likes on 39 Posts
Default MegaBlower Pulley setup questions

For those of you who have played with the 420 megablowers, how is the bottom pulley setup? Such as the V-groove pulley, with the Gilmer drive? Am I correct in assuming you can use a basic gilmer style v groove pulley that would work on a 71 series blower and drive pulley? Does the Harmonic Balancer have to have the 6 bolt pattern? Can't seem to find much info on that. Thanks
Old 01-15-2012, 01:25 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MILTHUNDER;3a 548325
For those of you who have played with the 420 megablowers, how is the bottom pulley setup? Such as the V-guproove pulley, with the Gilmer drive? Am I correct in assuming you can use a basic gilmer style v groove pulley that would work on a 71 series blower and drive pulley? Does the Harmonic Balancer have to have the 6 bolt pattern? Can't seem to find much info on that. Thanks
This is a bit late but hope it helps. I had a glimmer belt system on a b&m 250 set up. Which uses pretty much the same drive system. The v groove pulley for those blowers is different than a stock v groove pulley. The center of the b&m v groove pulley is flat because there is a spacer that sits between the v groove pulley and drive pulley for the blower. My glimmer set up uses a 3 bolt pulley and spacer also. I suppose a 6 bolt pulley could be used as long as you had the correct spacer/adaptor behind the pulley. The only thing I would question
would be how to get the belt alighnment right. So, in a nutshell... the v groove pulley for a blower is different then a stock v groove pulley and no the balancer does not have to be a 6 bolt balancer...you can use a 3 bolt with out any issues. You just need the correct adaptor between the drive pulley and v groove pulley. Hope this helps out in some way. Mark

Last edited by mustangmark; 01-15-2012 at 02:00 AM.