Which Heads For 540 Sci >

Which Heads For 540 Sci

Notices

Which Heads For 540 Sci

Old 11-29-2011, 08:56 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Advantage 575
Called Bob last week. He is working on a cam profile as soon as i get flow numbers. 325 CC's are going to Michigan to Total Flow. He has a very good CNC profile for 325's that will get me as good or better than the 335 CNC Dart Pro 1's. Talked to AFR also. They to were helpful. Off the record said port what i have since a good program has been done on the 325's.
Just so ya know.... In my post I meant no disrespect towards any of the guys that offered advice here. I'm sure they've all forgotten more than I know. I threw Bob's name out there because sometimes we (at least I) can sometimes get SO much info/advice that it can become a bit too much to sort out. That, plus I think all would agree Bob is a trusted source.

Good luck on the adventure!!
Old 11-30-2011, 08:14 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was told similar about the AFR's and i know firsthand the wait for AFR is ridiculous the price per head was $350each/$700set less expensive.

Although AFr's are a nice product you have to ask are the price and the wait worth it?? comparing AFr"s to darts is like comparing a ford taruas to a chev. impala IMO.

I also tend to think the obvious regarding Afr's arrangement w Teague....location location location!!!! and Teague is not cheap...the prices are just carried along to the customer.

I am stating my expirences and info i learned over time....I am by no means knocking any of the above mentioned co's.
Old 11-30-2011, 08:32 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by kilrbusa
I was told similar about the AFR's and i know firsthand the wait for AFR is ridiculous the price per head was $350each/$700set less expensive.

Although AFr's are a nice product you have to ask are the price and the wait worth it?? comparing AFr"s to darts is like comparing a ford taruas to a chev. impala IMO.

I also tend to think the obvious regarding Afr's arrangement w Teague....location location location!!!! and Teague is not cheap...the prices are just carried along to the customer.

I am stating my expirences and info i learned over time....I am by no means knocking any of the above mentioned co's.
Another very general, and I would say mostly incorrect statement. Where is everyone getting their prices from? If a comparable Dart was that much cheaper I'd use them, they definitely are not. The last set of AFR's I ordered took 8 days from time of order to my door, in Canada. If you're having a hard time getting heads, or reasonable prices, call Bob Madara. He is a Dealer for both.
Old 12-01-2011, 08:29 AM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

Received 131 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by HaxbySpeed
Another very general, and I would say mostly incorrect statement. Where is everyone getting their prices from? If a comparable Dart was that much cheaper I'd use them, they definitely are not. The last set of AFR's I ordered took 8 days from time of order to my door, in Canada. If you're having a hard time getting heads, or reasonable prices, call Bob Madara. He is a Dealer for both.
I'll give Bob a call, thanks for the heads-up. The prices I've been getting on AFR's so far have been the in the top two most expensive of all the heads I've priced out so far which include; BMF, Brodix, Dart and AFR.
Old 12-01-2011, 10:22 AM
Joe
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

just ordered 2pair of heads yesterday for my winter project, AFR 335 cnc ported, hard anodized, inconnel ext valves. checked prices on dart and brodix, AFR was lower, after you add in the options, exp. hard anodizing from AFR was $185 for a pair of heads, brodix was was $450 for the pair, brodix stsBB2 plus would of cost me 940.42 per set more, than AFR 335 pn 2001...
Old 12-01-2011, 01:15 PM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

Received 131 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by tcwcar
just ordered 2pair of heads yesterday for my winter project, AFR 335 cnc ported, hard anodized, inconnel ext valves. checked prices on dart and brodix, AFR was lower, after you add in the options, exp. hard anodizing from AFR was $185 for a pair of heads, brodix was was $450 for the pair, brodix stsBB2 plus would of cost me 940.42 per set more, than AFR 335 pn 2001...
What did you pay?
Old 12-02-2011, 06:59 PM
Joe
Platinum Member

I'd payed $3350 for a set with hard anodizing, inc. ext. valves, and spring change for hyd roller....
Old 12-03-2011, 08:46 AM
Registered

tcwcar, where did you buy them, I have a friend that is looking to buy a set
Old 12-03-2011, 04:51 PM
Joe
Platinum Member

I get my parts through MotorState....Joe
Old 12-03-2011, 09:58 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

So which Dart head option: port my 325cc or buy the 335 cnc. Can the 325's if ported out perform the 335's? Dart is my only option because I want to reuse my valves and hardware.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.