Four winns u-17 & u-19 >

Four winns u-17 & u-19

Notices

Four winns u-17 & u-19

Old 11-23-2011, 01:01 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Four winns u-17 & u-19

i came acrossed 2 boats on craigslist one of them is a u-17 with the 5.0 v8 motor with a thru hull exhaust and a sx single ss prop. the other boat is a u-19 with the volvo 5.8 motor and it has the duo prop drive. the u-19 is $1,000 more. which one is faster considering the duo prop vs the sx single, i have heard the single prop is better and the volvo duo prop drive is only good for low end torque and cant be switched to single. which boat would you consider and why?
Old 11-23-2011, 08:50 PM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by cbeck611
i came acrossed 2 boats on craigslist one of them is a u-17 with the 5.0 v8 motor with a thru hull exhaust and a sx single ss prop. the other boat is a u-19 with the volvo 5.8 motor and it has the duo prop drive. the u-19 is $1,000 more. which one is faster considering the duo prop vs the sx single, i have heard the single prop is better and the volvo duo prop drive is only good for low end torque and cant be switched to single. which boat would you consider and why?
I've been around these boats since 1995 and owned one a 19 for awhile. A good friend still owns a 96 with the 5.8 and duoprop.

For $1000 more I would go for the 19. Duoprop is good all around, the only con is limited prop selection and if you ding one you usually ding two.

These boats got a bad rap from a test report when they first came out, but the boat was set-up without trim limit switches and the tucked the drive in too far at high speed. They do chine walk a bit but once you master it these boats are a blast to drive. The turn on a dime, accelerate very hard and handle rough water extremely well for a small boat.

Last I knew my old 19 was for sale. SX drive with a 5.7Gxi(320pshp).
Old 11-23-2011, 09:37 PM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Elite Marine
I sold it in about 7 days. The guy was upgrading from a
U-17. He took the 19 out the next morning at 6 AM and texted me how much better it was than the 17.

Great, solid little boats that take some driving to master.
Glad it went to a good home! Hope all is well and Happy Thanksgiving!
Old 03-08-2012, 08:10 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've owned 5 Unlimiteds. 2 17s and three 19s. If you YOUTUBE search them you'll see my boats.
These boats run great, easy on fuel, and handle waves better than you could imagine. Way more fun than a PWC, sound great and keep your feet dry. The Ford SHO 5.8 multi port EFI is a sweet running package, and running through the Corsa muffled through hulls sounds great but quiet enough to talk over.
I have a really nice example for sale right now. Located in Ontario Canada. 147 original hours with all the factory options and factory folding tongue trailer with brakes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OuJkSCZwud4

705 790 1076