Notices

Bow ladder

Old 11-25-2011, 09:34 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bow ladder

Can anyone recommend a decent compact bow ladder?
Old 11-26-2011, 07:15 AM
Registered

This is one of those pesky problems that bug me, so figured I'd start a thread to see what others may have done and explore ideas.

The bow ladder horizontal support rests on the gelcoat via a hard plastic foot on each support arm. This is not a soft support and causes annoying scratches that get worse with every use. I'm not sure a soft foot would eliminate the issue either.

My son and I tried to slide a section of blue noodle over the support arm and foot, but the noodle isnt big enough. Even if it were I think the pressure on this area when in use would split the noodle anyway. That support is like a big dull knife when under weight.

I considered using some spray-on bedliner type stuff in this area but not sure it would look good. Another idea may be as simple as an adhesive backed rubber pad stuck on the surface that comes into contact with the hard plastic foot.

Any other ideas?
Old 11-26-2011, 07:43 AM
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Windline and Garlick are both quality common brands. Dive N Dog is another brand that looks just as good. Honestly, they all 3 look to be made by the same company. I installed a Windline telescoping under mount on my cruiser and it is very nice and can recommend it with no hesitation. http://www.go2marine.com/product.do?no=92929F Find the brand/model you want and do a search for best pricing. Forget where I bought mine from.

I think you'd be looking for an 'over platform' model for a perm. mount. Also suggest a 4 step, (possibly a 5 step if you can find one?) as opposed to the more common 3 step. Got a higher distance up from than at the rear to climb up.

Last edited by US1 Fountain; 11-26-2011 at 07:46 AM.
Old 11-26-2011, 04:41 PM
Registered

personally, I don't want anything that requires drilling the hull. I like simple...this would work fine if it didnt require a mounting bracket, http://www.bowladder.com.au/
Old 11-26-2011, 05:03 PM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,821 Likes on 907 Posts

Stand on a cooler. Last one getting in the boat lifts up cooler to someone on the bow.
Last person either has to pull themselves up or swim to the back of the boat. In most cases me.
Old 11-27-2011, 08:32 AM
Registered

Received 410 Likes on 183 Posts

Go to slideanchor.com they have what you are looking for.
Old 11-27-2011, 11:40 AM
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by tnc110
personally, I don't want anything that requires drilling the hull. I like simple...this would work fine if it didnt require a mounting bracket, http://www.bowladder.com.au/
In that case, just buy some 1 1/4" wood dowels,cut 12" lengths and drill holes on each ends. Run rope thrum to make a easy storable ladder, just like the home 2nd floor fire escape ladders.
Leave a loop on top to hook over any bow cleats. No holes, and minimal storage space needed.