Jesel rockers on Dart pro 1s >

Jesel rockers on Dart pro 1s

Notices

Jesel rockers on Dart pro 1s

Old 01-05-2012, 04:00 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jesel rockers on Dart pro 1s

Has anyone ever had any expierences installing a Jesel shaft mount setup on Dart pro 1 heads? I have brand new out of the box Dart pro 1 aluminium marine coated heads and brand new Jesel Pro series rocker arms. The problem is the roller tip is not touching the valve squarely..meaning when you look at the roller and the valve you see a little wedge of light, so basically its tilted. The centerline is perfect, but my engine builder will not install these due to this. I brought the heads and rockers back to Jesel and they said it is not a problem, but its obious. When we install this setup on a stock chevy head, it sits perfect. I called dart and they want me to send the heads back to get them measured but Jesel did that already and told me that the spring pad is 2 tenths of a degree off axis... Jesel said they sell this kit all the time for Dart heads and never had a problem, is that because no one check when they install them? Anyone with expierence with this setup please shed some light for me... Thanks
Old 01-05-2012, 04:45 PM
GPM
Registered

Received 80 Likes on 58 Posts

I had the same problem back in 1997, Brand new Pro 1s, Dart sold me the matching Jesels. Maybe 10hrs of run time and the guides were out. Sent everything back to Dart, they replaced the guides and said everything was fine. They came back and nothing was changed, the roller tip of the rocker hit the valve stem on an angle. I got rid of the heads and bought Brodix haven't had a problem since.

Last edited by GPM; 01-05-2012 at 05:04 PM.
Old 01-05-2012, 05:48 PM
Registered

Thats exacly what my engine builder said would happen. Which brodies did you go with and were you using the same jesel setup or something different on top?
Old 01-05-2012, 06:14 PM
GPM
Registered

Received 80 Likes on 58 Posts

I went with the BB2 xtra cnc, they use the same Jesels.
Old 01-05-2012, 06:32 PM
Registered

Received 168 Likes on 106 Posts

[QUOTE=rebcammaz;3586431 my engine builder will not install these due to this.[/QUOTE]

As it should be ... you have a good engine builder !

Originally Posted by rebcammaz
is that because no one check when they install them? Thanks
Yup

I had a set of Dart small block heads a few years back where the spark plug seats were not machined deep enough. When the correct plug was installed it was about 1/8" short of the combustion chamber. To be hinest with you, I would never have caught it except I was cc'ing the heads. Dart basically told me there was no way, I was using the wrong plug, etc etc Well after buying the plug that they told me to buy, havivng the came problem and sending them a picture of it, they finally agreed and I sent them back. The replacement set was fine but since then I check a plug in every head I do and have found two more of the same Dart head with the same problem

Moral is you just cannot check enough and I dont care what type or how expensive your CNC machining center is, it can still screw up. Or it can be programed to screw up

Bill Koustenis
Advanced Automotive Machine
Waldorf Md
Old 01-06-2012, 03:33 PM
Registered

Received 398 Likes on 229 Posts

I've heard rumors of these types of problems from my engine builder on just about everything out there. He double checks everything including the bolt pockets. My AFR's checked perfect.
Old 01-07-2012, 09:24 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i have dart pro 1 heads 345 with jesl rockers and mine work good lorazo my engine builder told me jesel are the best. lorazo fast flow heads215750324
Old 01-07-2012, 10:51 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by bajabob
i have dart pro 1 heads 345 with jesl rockers and mine work good lorazo my engine builder told me jesel are the best. lorazo fast flow heads215750324
how many hours on the motor so far, and did he have to do any modifications to make them fit?
Old 01-07-2012, 10:54 AM
Registered

has anyone had any other unusual problems with dart?
Old 01-07-2012, 09:31 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rebcammaz
how many hours on the motor so far, and did he have to do any modifications to make them fit?
10 hours on my new motor . you would have to call him. he is very smart guy he builds 1300hp motors nos all the tricks to make power

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.