Fuel delivery options >

Fuel delivery options

Notices

Fuel delivery options

Old 01-09-2012, 07:35 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bwd
Assuming you were not using a water pump mounted mechanical fuel pump for gen 5 509's naturals over 500 hp what would be a good choice. I'm curious what kind of input I will see here. Starting from scratch. We don't any pumps, regs or hose ordered yet. Just pick ups and a place for a return if we chose. Boat will see severe duty.
I put a Holley blue pump in my boat last year. I am going to have to change it out again before I'm up and running with my new motor I'm putting together. I'm considering upgrading a weldon pump for dependability reasons. Shortly after I installed the Holley blue pump (probably 20 hours) I ran the boat fairly hard on a long run one day and it overheated and seized up on me at a Marina. Fortunately, it didn't leave me stranded because after an hour (while all stoped for lunch) it had cooled down and started working again. I haven't had any more issues with it but it's on the list of parts to replace this winter because I don't feel it's dependable. The Holley is also a "pusher" style pump so to get it to work properly it has to be placed as close to the gas tank as possible. From what I understand, the weldon pumps are great pieces. They are made in several different types and sizes to fit different needs. They are a bit pricey (imo) but might be worth checking into. Best of luck to you. Mark
Old 01-09-2012, 07:43 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by bwd
Don't think that is what we are using, but similer.
I went over to push locks and they are soooo much better. My pretty an fittings didn't last a year in the salt.
Have you finished pickin out your interior yet? Had an idea.
Old 01-10-2012, 04:58 AM
bwd
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Poker~N~Run
I went over to push locks and they are soooo much better. My pretty an fittings didn't last a year in the salt.
Have you finished pickin out your interior yet? Had an idea.
yep. interor decided. What ? You didn't see a makered up piece of paper from a spiral notebook floating around on the floor with the color plan on it? Some things just don't get very technical. lol
Old 01-11-2012, 09:34 AM
ak
Registered

I run a 690 hp 509 in my baja and i used the big mallory electric pump with a new bigger pick up in the tank i had made,also bought a nice aeromotive regulator and it works great-no problems in two summers of hard running.
Old 01-11-2012, 02:10 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

540 with 718 hp biggest holley with there reg.ans big gas lines